Surgery Wednesday

VakAttack
on 11/14/16 8:03 pm - FL
RNY on 11/16/16

I am officially freaking out.

missc_26
on 11/14/16 9:27 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Good that means you are taking this surgery as seriously as it actually is. Yes, there are complications, but these are few and far between and I am sure this is going to be the start of something amazing in your life. You have done your research, you know this is not the easy option out BUT it is a very real option to gain control of your life again. 

Spending more time with family and friends, being more active, having more energy, feeling good about yourself - these are all happy side effects that you can look forward to.

We will be here to support you thru it. Wooohooo go for it!

Insert Fitness
on 11/15/16 4:54 am

This is a normal feeling for most pre-ops. Is it the surgery itself? Or the lifestyle changes that go with it?

Just to put it in perspective, It is a major surgery. But, I spoke to my surgeon about the mortality and complication rates. The fact is, this type of surgery is lower risk than many other major surgeries. I specifically asked him to compare it to other types of obesity related surgeries I may need in the future. I.e hip replacement. Cardiac surgery. Even serious complications from diabetes. All are riskier. It's good to keep this surgery in perspective of your overall health, and long term life plans.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

karenp8
on 11/15/16 5:59 am - Brighton, IL

I'd be worried about you if you weren't. It is a huge lifestyle and focus change for sure but has amazing potential to make your life so much better. No more constant back and knee pain,no more diabetes,high cholesterol and triglycerides and uncontrolled high blood pressure for me since my surgery 4 years ago. You will be amazed at how much better you will feel and how much more energy you will have. Follow your doctor's instructions,measure and weigh food carefully and you will be truly surprised at your results. Imagine yourself thin and healthy next Christmas--that should help with the nerves. Including a before and after pic for motivation. 273 in the before and 117 in the after.

Eggface
on 11/15/16 7:05 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes to you!! Having weight loss surgery was truly the best gift I have ever given myself. It resolved so many health issues and it was the helping hand I needed to make some lasting changes in my life. I hope you'll feel the same way.

Sip water every chance you can... walk... all will be well. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/16 7:37 am
RNY on 09/26/16

Freaked out is good! I worry about people who say they aren't!

We will be here for you when you get home!

Kathy S.
on 11/15/16 10:19 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

This is normal and we all have been there!  Start your weight loss bucket list and when you start to question if you want to go through this, just look at the list of all the things you want to do you can do now once you have lost your weight and living life as it was meant to be lived.  

We look forward to your update after surgery!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

The Salty Hag
on 11/15/16 10:34 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I freaked out being while wheeled into the O.R.! I wanted to hop off the gurney and make a run for it, but I knew I didn't really want to do that. It was just nerves; which is completely normal. After a split second of mentally screaming "Run!", I cinched up my big girl undies and calmed down. 

Wishing you much luck and a speedy recovery. 

ps If the nurses offer you a "happy drug" and you are able to have it...take it!  I passed on the happy juice. " Nah, I'm good." Uh-huh. Suuuure.  As they were moving me through the halls, I'd wished I'd taken them up on their offer.

Me:"Can I get happy juice now?"

Nurse: "Sorry, not now.You'll be out in just a few minutes." 

Me: "Not even a little?"

Nurse shakes her head. 

Me: Well, ****"

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 11/16/16 4:28 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Thinking of you today and excited for this next chapter in your life!