on 11/15/16 9:36 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

Congrats Melinda! Such an amazing accomplishment

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

SKmammabear
on 11/15/16 10:47 am, edited 11/15/16 2:47 am

WOO HOO!!!  That's so awesome!  I'm only 3 pounds from my goal original end goal, but I may or may not change that.  I also went from a 60.9 to a 26.2 BMI and I have gone from 26-28 pants to size 10.  Feels great, huh!!   If I can ever afford to have my skin removal surgery the size will change dramatically since I hold my skin in my lower half.  So excited for you!  I'm almost 2 years out and so excited to see where my body eventually stops!  Congratulations!!

PS...  my tickler is not correct!

Ladytazz
on 11/15/16 2:46 pm

That is so awesome!  Not only have you lost a lot of weight but you have the tool now to keep it off, too.

I have now been normal size for about 6 years.  Many people I know don't even know I have ever been heavy and many who do know don't really remember.  I never hear "Wow! Look at all the weight you lost".  It's my new normal.  I got a job, worked there for over 3 years and left the job without anyone there knowing I had been obese, unless I choose to tell them.

Just an aside.  I know I keep saying this but it always amazes me that people who weigh 30 or more pounds than I do fit into a size 4.  That is the size I wear, too.  Maybe I carry my weight on my bottom half?  My top size is pretty big, too.  I really don't even care about what size I wear.  I just try it on and if it fits and is comfortable I wear it.  

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

mute
on 11/15/16 4:16 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I think this same thing all the time about how is it possible I fit in a size 4 at 149 pounds? I do carry a lot of weight up top in my chest and arms but still I don't get it. Once I got in the 'regular' sizes I didn't care about what size I was because I had so many more options and that's all I cared about size wise lol. 

Ladytazz
on 11/15/16 6:57 pm

Redistribution is a real thing.  Apparently I've never maintained weight loss to ever experience until now.

I remember when I got pregnant the first time, in 1984.  I weighed 135 lbs.  Isn't it funny that I can remember my weight at just about every significant event in my life?  Anyway, I wore a size 3 back then.  A 1984 size 3 which I have no idea how that would translate today.  I don't even think they make a size 3, just 2, 4, 6, etc.

Anyway, after I gave birth I starved myself to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  This was back when I still had the ability to diet.  I had gained about 70 lbs and it took about a year since because I couldn't lose an ounce while I was exclusively breastfeeding.  As soon as I was able to supplement him with food at 6 months old I started losing weight.

When I hit 135 lbs I went and got out all my pre-pregnancy clothes and I could not even pull the size 3 pants over my hips.  First experience with redistribution.  They weren't kidding when they say that pregnancy changes your body permanently.

Anyway, after I finished losing the excess weight this time (and went too low) I got down to a size 0, then I settled into a size 2 for a long time and about a year ago they started getting tight even without me gaining an ounce.  But it was good, too, because my face finally filled out a bit and people stopped telling me I was too thin and even commented that I looked like I had put on some weight.  I hadn't but I was glad to look like I did.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

seattledeb
on 11/18/16 1:34 pm

what amazing work you have done. You are a strong fighter. Congratulations on your great success.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/19/16 9:53 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Congrats.  I was going through a drawer and found an old pair of pants - they 4s- but the Plus Size that Catherine's had with the apple, pear fit.  They were not even my largest pair and my whole body fit into one leg.  Talk about Laughing Out Loud, 

Congrats to you. 

Sharon