This is why we grieve....politics

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/15/16 5:25 pm
And? We are not a democracy...we are a republic. He won the largest sampling of people..not just NY and California.

A president doesn't have to have the popular vote.

Hillary lost fair and square...suck it up. She was yesterday's news. She represented a VERY liberal party that represents the coasts..not the rest of the country.

Han Shot First
on 11/15/16 5:46 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14
  1.  He did not have the majority of votes.  This is a fact you cannot argue.  I'm not claiming that his election is invalid.  I'm not even sure what you mean by "largest sampling of people."  He did not get a majority of votes.
  2. Obviously a president doesn't have to have the popular vote.  This is the second time in 16 years it's happened.  I didn't claim the president HAD to have the popular vote, but even if you don't agree, can't you see why people would be upset that the guy who gets the job didn't even get the most votes?  The electoral college is our system, but it doesn't mean we have to like it.
  3. You think the Democratic Party is a VERY liberal party?    

--

150 lost and maintaining!

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/16/16 9:49 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Where would you like my transgender 15 year old son to pee....exactly? Seriously.

Think about it for a minute.

He is a transman.  His name is legally changed and he has had chest surgery.  He has been on hormones for nearly 2 years.  If you saw him you literally would have ZERO chance of realizing he was assigned 'female' on his birth certificate. 

So there he is... let's say at a gas station for a pee break on a long car ride. You want him to walk into the Women's restroom?? What do you think that will do for the girls and women in that restroom? Do you think they will be upset? How about bystanders...for example...a bigotted dad whoes daughter just went into that same restroom?? How do you expect all of this to turn out for my little 5 foot 4 teenage son????? Everytime he has to use a public restroom I am terrified something terrible will happen.  Why? Because of people like you.

How does his using the restroom impact your quality of life or your freedom?? What the actual heck does it matter to you where any American pees??? 

Think it through... How do you enforce gender segregation of public restrooms without significantly impacting the civil liberties of every American? Genital checks? Really? You want your junk or your wife's junk being 'checked'? Your daughter?  Your son? Your grandmother? Consider that 'looking' a particular gender is not the legal equivalent of being a particular sex.  

In the world you seem to wish for there would be no fair way to enforce this. What about women with short haircuts?  Do they have to drop their pants?  Men with that adorable little man-bun thing....pants down or no peeing for you! Where does any of this require the government to regulate it?

Do you somehow imagine that gendered bathrooms are to 'prevent sexual assault'? That is simply unfounded. We currently have single gender bathrooms and LOTS of gay and lesbian folks use restrooms with members of the same sex. Clearly sexual attraction and genders in the same restrooms has no real impact on anything.

You are simply masking a trans-phobic hateful opinion in 'bathroom' language.  It was never abou****er fountains....it isn't about bathrooms.

Just own the fact that you have been a bigot. Your attempt at mitigating your guilt is not working. Give some real thought to how your opinions impact actual people, families, and children living real lives. I believe we all have the ability to learn and grow.  May God bless your heart with compassion and your mind with wisdom.

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/16/16 4:37 pm, edited 11/16/16 8:40 am
You are presuming a lot of things in your postl> I'm sorry for your son, and for you to have to experience so much hatred. I'm sure he is not a pervert. However, allowing men to use women's restrooms? Come on...you can't see the issue with that? If you were the mother of a 12 year old female would you want a 32 year old male using the same bathroom? Would you want that at 9 PM on a weekday evening at the mall, when the mall is about to close and it might be slightly empty?

There are other solutions, some that can be integrated into the system slowly (like changes in the building codes), designated bathrooms etc.

FYI there is a movement in the GLB movement to exclude transgender issues form their civil rights movements....because they are fighting for different things.
Grim_Traveller
on 11/16/16 6:40 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Why are you sorry for her son? Her son neither needs, requires, or seeks your sympathy. 

A little humanity would go a long way, though.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/17/16 7:53 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Thank you Grim.

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Grim_Traveller
on 11/17/16 8:07 am
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/17/16 7:50 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

What I hear you saying is that you want to protect children from perverts.  I am for that.  No problem. What that has to do with bathroom access issues is actually nothing. 

I am a 44 year old mother of 5 children, three of them are girls.  I have in fact been the mother of a 12 year old daughter at the mall in the evening. I go into the restroom with my daughters in that situation because I know that if there is a child predator who is willing to violate the laws of God and man and hurt a child they are not going to be particularly impressed by a bathroom sign.

Be realistic...this really truly isn't about bathrooms. This is about transgender people not being 'real' men or women in your opinion.  A transgender woman is a woman.  A transgender man is a man. Period. Every American should have the right to go pee with dignity and peace and free from the restrictions of law. It is a basic human right. 

If you had a terrible accident and your penis was amputated would you suddenly be a woman? No. Why? Because gender identity is between your ears, not in your pants. It is not the same as 'sex' or genitals. It is a personal identity that varies in definition and purpose by culture and era. Wearing dresses and make up has been the height of masculinity in human history. Long hair...short hair...working inside the home or outside...raising children...taking out the garbage...whatever gender role you would like to look at has at various points been assigned to women or men.

Please remember we have had a world like you are considering.  A world were "men were men and women were women" because that was the law.  There was a time in America when it was against the law for women to wear pants.  A time when it was not uncommon for women who dressed in 'men's clothing' to be harassed, beaten and arrested.  There were towns with arbitrary rules like "a woman must wear a minimum of five articles of clothing appropriate to a woman."  If you didn't have a bra, panties, and a skirt you were arrested. Men who prefer to wear dresses were similarly assaulted and arrested. Not for being evil or harming anyone but because their personal freedom to choose what clothing to wear was restricted and their civil liberties were taken.

Your support for Trump would seem to indicate that you see yourself as an advocate for liberty and personal freedom. Many Trump supporters believe in the the right to bear arms without legal restrictions and the right to raise your children in the religious way you see fit without the federal government interfering with your parental rights.

The love of freedom requires that you love the freedom of all Americans, not just yourself.  Who would wish to invite the federal, state, or local government into their pants? Free speech, freedom of expression, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. All men created equal.  All of it. Even if your beliefs do not change as to gender and sex, please at least think of this. Don't give up someone else's freedom because when you do you risk losing more of your own.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/17/16 8:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Boots of leather, slippers of gold.

6'3" tall, male.

RNY_elizabeth
on 11/17/16 8:23 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

WHHHHAAA! You impress me!!!!! Few men have ever heard of that book. Wow.  I knew I loved you for a reason.

~E