So it turns out I may (actually, no may about it) be an idiot and am allowed to eat food

VakAttack
on 11/7/16 11:34 am - FL
RNY on 11/16/16

But I think this is more of a tool to success since I won't have to fight the constant temptation to cheat also.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/7/16 12:29 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Is the excuse to eat more really a "tool to success?" Or what got us here?

I realize this is what your altered plan allows you to do. That's the minimum they want from you. It doesn't mean you can't do more, as you have already been doing.

You'll need to do it after surgery for a couple of weeks. Get a head start.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Tdheason
on 11/7/16 12:59 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

I see where you are coming from.  Yes, the surgery is to help us lose the weight and make changes for life.  However, the two weeks before surgery you are freaking hungry because you haven't had the surgery so don't feel bad.  That's why we are fat, we don't have that tool of surgery yet.  If it was easy none of us would be overweight.  It is hard and we are all human and we all have battles to fight.  I would eat anything that doctor says you can eat before the surgery.  It's going to be much easier after surgery.  Hang in there and don't let people make you feel bad or guilty.  NONE OF US ARE PREFECT!! 

Tdheason
on 11/7/16 1:00 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

See what I mean, I should have said Perfect!!!

Tdheason
on 11/7/16 12:54 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

I know two weeks before my gastric bypass I had to start the liver reduction diet.  The first week I had to replace two meals with protein shakes and then I could have a small dinner of chicken breast, small salad and a veggie.  Then the second week (week before surgery) all liquid. 

internationalmom
on 11/7/16 1:55 pm
RNY on 10/10/16

I am 4 week post op and my surgeon did not require liquid diet before surgery other than the 24 hours just before. We had to do low carb/ high protein instead As someone else said earlier, research shows it does not make that big of a difference in the size of the liver as thought years ago.  My surgery went great and my recovery has been wonderful and I am losing weight. Don't feel bad for following what your doctor says you can do. If he allows a meal stay, within the allowed boundaries, enjoy it! You will have to do liquids so long post op!  All the best in your journey.

G2GAWAY
on 11/7/16 8:45 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

That is what mine was, 2 protein shakes with one real meal allowed (4 choices-Wendy's chili, a Lean Cuisine type meal, an apple and carrots, or something else, maybe grilled chicken-I forget because I stuck with the chili or lean cuisine).  Glad you read your materials.  It wasn't easy, but the one meal made it tolerable.  Good luck.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Valerie G.
on 11/8/16 4:36 am, edited 11/7/16 8:36 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

The pre op diet serves two purposes:  shrinking the liver for laparoscopic procedures or plain personal preference of the surgeon of what he wants to encounter once he's in.  My surgeon had no pre op diet at all, and only required nothing after midnight before surgery.

She did have a personal request though -- nothing too bulky like ribs that weekend...cuz it was gross.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

NYMom222
on 11/11/16 7:50 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I was allowed one meal a day on my pre-op, meat and veggie or salad...does make it easier to bear....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save