Day 5 of optifast

Locoz
on 11/6/16 1:16 pm
VSG on 11/25/16

Today is day 5 with optifast. I'm on it for 3 weeks . finding it hard with my family's eats . the smell of the cooking  the snacking I feel kind of grumpy. lol I told my self I don't want to be like that cause of thier eating .but it's happening I cant get up and go for a walk i have a bad leg.  so i go in the basement and chill . my family are supportive and  im not going to tell them to stop eating cause I'm on liquid diet.. any ideas I can get my mind off this ??  or will it go away after a bit ??

Insert Fitness
on 11/6/16 3:12 pm

I only had this happen a couple times pre-op. Once while I was doing the cooking haha. I just shut off the stove, grabbed a bit of sugar free jello and disappeared to another room until it passed. It does get easier, but pre op was the hardest part.

since your family is supportive, they will understand when you need to get some space. 

For a distraction, I logged on here, and spent time searching wls people on instagram and YouTube, it worked as a distraction and a reminder of why I was on that liquid diet in the first place!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

The Salty Hag
on 11/6/16 5:43 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

For the first week on Opti, I was a ***** from hell!! Not saying you've been one...lol...but I know how you feel. If you feel like you need to leave while your family eats, do it and don't feel bad about it. You have to take care of yourself too. I journal. I write down all my whackadoodle thoughts, and it gets them out of my brain; which helps me cope. I did it on my pre-op diet and I do it now. 

It will get easier, you'll get used to the liquid diet-as bizarre as that seems. 

I was allowed sugar free Jello, and sugar free popscicles. ( I was also allowed one food meal per day and one Optifast bar per day as one of my 5 Opti products. ) I'm not sure if you're allowed anything similar, but the hand-to-mouth action of eating Jello and the Opti bar, and the food meal ( dinner ), went a really long way to make me feel like I was "normal". 

Hope some of this may be of some help to you. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Locoz
on 11/6/16 5:58 pm
VSG on 11/25/16

Thank you for your info and yes I'm allowed sf jello and 2 cups of greens a day so not so bad .. it's just seeing the food food I think I'm going to go buy my own mini  fridge to keep my stuff in so I'm not being tempted ..    again thank you feels good to have people that have or are going threw the same situation :) 

Cinderz
on 11/11/16 5:54 pm

Hi Locoz, 

Today is day 5 for me, a few days behind you. My surgery is December 5th, I'm on optifast for 4 weeks! My clinic seems to be very strict, I have to have 4 optifast per day and the only other things I'm allowed are decaf tea and coffee, crystal light in water or lemon in water, 1 cup of broth or 1 sugar free popcycle per day. I'd give anything for something solid to eat, I'd be ok with plain lettuce lol. I've come this far and the third was the worst and I don't know if it's getting easier or if I'm just getting used to it. I found adding decaf coffee crystals and 1/4 teaspoon of French vanilla extract makes the chocolate optifast taste like an icecap so I'm just sticking with that combo as I like it. I wish you luck with your upcoming surgery!