Thursday *****fest-- 11/03/16

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/16 10:56 am

I am coming to New YORK. I want to see it at Christmas time. I love Christmas movies. I will watch them to go somewhere else in my head. A happy place. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/4/16 4:39 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Cool! Ya gotta tell me when you get up here! We can hang out. It'**** or miss when it comes to snow, but it does look pretty for that 1st day, after that it's the crappy dirty looking snow.  We can yell Santa in front of the Empire State bldg. lol 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Insert Fitness
on 11/4/16 9:16 am

I.love.it.

hahaha I love planning, crafting, decorating, celebrating, all of it! And that takes time. 

But I have to say, I'm not a big shopper, so I don't see a lot of the early stuff. Except Costco, which I practically danced down the Xmas aisle!

What I don't like is being at the grocery store looking for last minute Halloween candy, and not finding it because the holiday candy and cakes are out! 

zann50
on 11/4/16 3:48 pm

This Christmas and tormenting long-a$$ election both began/begin way too EARLY!!!!   I too dread the music.  I am not a bah-

humbug person at all...it is just the commercializations it has turned into has contributed to the loss of true meaning.  

Sad :-(

MissNexxie
on 11/3/16 2:44 pm
VSG on 04/30/14

My *****fest = First World Problems and are a product of a crappy week.  YMMV

• people who change lanes without signalling
  • people who turn in front of me without signalling
  • Food being served (out of the house) in gargantuan portions and the struggle to not 'clean my plate' or stop the tasty deliciousness.
  • my constant struggle to fight the carb monster, espcially for those 5 days per month
  • Food tracking fatigue & feeling like I should have better control at 2.5 years out and not be fighting the same battle and trying to re-learn the same lessons. Like shouldn't I have the process down-pat now?  Shouldn't I be one of those people who say "I'm XX far out and everything is amazing and I have no cravings and I don't eat anything I"m not supposed to ever and I'm centered and focused and my husband never leaves toothpaste in the sink or dishes on counter and I've never gained a pound or fought the urge to eat something that isn't a piece of protein or leafy green!  Yay me!!"

sigh, grumble grumble

AM grateful each and every day.  I never regret the surgery or the post-op daily work I signed up for to stay in check- it's just been a hard week.  I survived Halloween but feel like I'm clinging by my fingernails and am battling some regain because of my food addiction. I'm trying to still like myself even when I falter.

PHEW!  That DOES feel better!

Surgery: April 30, 2014: HW: 288 SW: 250 Achieved Goal 149 lbs: April 8, 2015 CW: 158 lbs (working on losing 65 lb regain as of June 1, 2021. Weight was at 215 lbs). Fighting every darn day!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/4/16 1:19 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Yes - the tasty deliciousness is the devil's handiwork.

Sharon

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/4/16 9:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I absolutely hear you on the "I thought it got easier" train. I'm fighting old habits HARD right now, so I'm right there with you.

You can do this!!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

SkinnyScientist
on 11/3/16 2:52 pm

Luv the tyra gif.

So funny!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

SkinnyScientist
on 11/3/16 2:55 pm

I can run faster after 5 months of bed rest (no exercising like running, skating, tae-boeing, and body pumping) than I did when I ACTUALLY TRAINED for the races.

My 10K had an average pace of 10:52, before bed rest it was charted to be 11:15.  I actually got a sub-10 that wasnt down a hill (9:55) and 2.2 miles that were 10:15, 10:23 and 10:21 respectively.

So..who gets faster after a break?

Skinny versus her body...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

jenorama
on 11/3/16 3:47 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I'm not on vacation anymore.  Boo, I say!

Jen