Goal Rewards

Insert Fitness
on 11/2/16 4:40 am

I second this. I'm still early days at not quite 8 weeks. my body is changing crazy fast. I pretty much need all new shoes, as my feet are sliding around in them. I started with my running shoes though. Also I get the odd  ache and pain occasionally in my hips, which I've never had. I'm told its can be common as things realign. Wild. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/2/16 7:31 am

Good working out shoes are a must.  BTW: as I lost weight - my feet shrank and I went from size 10 to 9.5 or 9.. But 8 years later - my feet are still" skinny"but they are back to size 10... Boots - or covered shoes - nice thick sock works wonders - especially when keeping my feet warm =I feel warmer.

Pain in a hips may indicate the body alignment, or also indicate low d, low calcium or low iron... When we don't take enough calcium, or we have not enough D, (or both) our body may start pulling the calcium out of the bones... pelvic bones ...  same with low iron - my bones were aching when my ferritin dropped below 30..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Insert Fitness
on 11/2/16 8:57 am

That's good to know! I will make a point of looking closer at my levels at my next apt. I took for granted at my 6?week when they said everything was good( except potassium) . But from what I have been reading on here,  what they consider good, and what I should, might not be the same thing. 

Thanks!

mute
on 11/2/16 5:17 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I did similar things for myself because I find it fun and helpful to have something to work towards. I know that we're working towards our health and all but it's also fun to have something else too!

I'm a reader so I would reward myself with a pricier book that I normally wouldn't buy. LUSH products are amazing so that is a great one! Clothes was a good one as I lost more and more because it was both practical and fun - I would shop at pretty cheap places since I knew I would shrink out of it soon. But it still was a reward because it made me feel damn good to have clothes that fit!

Shoes and purses are good. Scarves and nice makeup were others that I did. For bigger rewards and big goals I did trips. I just got back from my ultimate reward for meeting my overall goal - I went to Universal. I had always wanted to go but wasn't able to fit on any of the rides so it was a really big deal for me. I decided on that goal over a year ago and DH and I planned for it that whole time. It was extremely motivating for me knowing that if I hit my goal I would be going!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

pammieanne
on 11/2/16 6:47 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Clothes... it's my reward all of the time! And I shop the thrift/Goodwill stores... it's not only a reward to buy in smaller clothes, but when you find a really good steal on something (a great designer, or a brand new item), it feels even better! And you don't have to have a big budget to thrift shop!

(buy a few things that are too small, and every 3 weeks try them on, you'll be amazed at how quickly you can wear them!)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/16 8:32 am
RNY on 09/26/16

OMG I LOVE Goodwill... don't have many here but, I do love a bargain! I am so the girl that if someone compliments me I proudly say

" Thank you, I got it for 4 dollars"

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/16 8:30 am
RNY on 09/26/16

I do things like pedicure or massage! I also order new clothes! there is not better reward than clothes 2 sizes smaller!

south2north
on 11/2/16 4:54 pm
DS on 11/19/14

Massages and clothes were my rewards!!! Now that I have reached my goal weight I think I have a clothes addiction!! Oh well!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/3/16 8:10 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I saved up my cash and bought a road bike for reaching my goals. Not a super fancy one, since you can easily drop over a thousand bucks on a nice ride, but a few hundred dollars and a MAJOR upgrade over the mountain bike I was riding previously. My final post-op goal was to ride 40mi in the big city bike race at 1 year post-op, and I did it on my new yellow bike!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 11/8/16 4:37 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

The fitness tracker is a good idea - I just ordered the Samsung Gear Fit 2 - I should get tn anyday now.

Don't waste your money on clothes anything you buy while losing will only fit for a few weeks (if that).  I just kept sewing up the seams to make things fit for a little longer and worked my way down the sizes in my closet.  Pants with out pockets are easier to take in.

Make-up, scarves, etc are nice, as others have suggested.

You may want to save some and start a plastic surgery kitty.

Best wished on your WL journey.

Sharon