Pain medications, what helps you?

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/1/16 4:20 pm
I can't take ibuprofen because it gives me terrible heartburn (this is not WLS related- I had an injury prior to having WLS and the doctor prescribed 800 mg doses several times a day, and it just wrecked my stomach.

Your doctor can prescribe a muscle relaxer if the pain is muscular- several made the comment that you can use a warm bath or a bath with mineral salts. This works too-magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer. You can actually buy magnesium oil OTC and rub it into the area.

Tramadol works too.

Your doctor can also order a compound that includes a pain reliever that you can rub into the area.

Scott
sunshinespring
on 11/1/16 4:55 pm - Bay Area, CA

Thank you so much for this suggestions, I will give my doctor a call and hopefully she can give me a muscle relaxer I do have 2 ulcers in my stomach so don't even want to mess with anything else that cold aggravate the discomfort,

Thank you!

Vinasu
on 11/1/16 5:07 pm
RNY on 08/10/16

You're in a state where it's medicinally legal, so there are some really great cannabis lotions/muscle rubs.  They do not get you high at all (though they would show up on a pee test).

I use Ethos Muscle Melt on my bad knee after I work out. The pain fades away in minutes. 

If you're not morally opposed to medicinal use and don't work somewhere it's forbidden, call a dispensary and they will help you out. Only buy the good quality lotions, though. Ones made from trim aren't nearly as strong when it comes to controlling pain.

HW: 250+ SW:215 (W leaving hospital: 224!)

CW: 138; DR GW: 166; MY GW: 130

M1: -20, M2: -8, M3: -14, M4: -11, M5: -8, M6: -5 M7: -7 M8: in progress

chassibi
on 11/2/16 12:10 pm

Topically applied peppermint oil also helps a lot. You can get it at most pharmacies.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150