Sagging Skin with Age Plastics?

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/30/16 7:24 pm
Ok, so 10 years ago I lost 300 lbs. I had a LBL and had my man boobs removed...,but decided not to do any other plastics. My thighs were a bit saggy, same with my underarms...but really not a huge deal. I noticed today that the skin at my elbows is bunching up.....and that the skin under my neck is getting looser and causing me to have pretty severe breakouts in the folds.

I guess it shouldn't suprise me...skin sags when it gets older, but I thought i'd have a bit more time...i'm still only in my 40s.

I had really good fortune getting my LBL and genecomasty covered by insurance....I'm wondering about other areas such as neck, arms and thighs. I don't have time for surgery right now, but I'm thinking in another 2 to 5 years, I'd be ready.

Scott
Kathy S.
on 10/31/16 9:11 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Scott,

You and I both had our Plastics done 10 years ago....  My husband had great insurance at the time and I was denied the first time around.  Once they saw the color photos with all my rashes and open sores they approved my Plastics that were not considered cosmetic.  

If you can get your insurance to pay for it that would be great!  I don't think they will pay for the neck area but if you are having break outs, document that and anything else the skin may be causing medically.  That will give you a basis for medical necessary for when you are ready.

Congratulations again for your weight loss!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130