Weight gain

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/1/16 8:59 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Darlin read b4 you post, & click the link, no liquids involved, just meat, meat & more meat.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/1/16 9:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19

What about liquid meat? Love me some au jus with prime rib!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/1/16 10:02 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I just couldn't do that to a good piece of meat, just had to chew my meat not drink it lol I was so glad to get past that stage. You couldn't pay me to go back to all liquids again!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

SkinnyBonz38
on 11/4/16 10:11 am

I love to see these posts! Really I love to see how human nature takes what is a simple personal comment and create a fire storm! When I first saw RNY I thought it was pronounced RuiN You.

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/4/16 3:21 pm
Better be careful!!!! That kind of comment can get you fire stormed! They'll try to run you out of town on a rail.....hag you to death....you know it was funny... my post was meant to be helpful to a woman who found herself in an unfortunate situation where her surgery was not enough to help her lose weight and maintain it. That is VERY common with the lapband, RNY, and I'm sure will be seen long term with the VSG. Restriction alone is just not enough.

If people want to play "ostrich" and put their heads up their butts and ignore the real problem of regain...then let them. I'm not going to pretend regain is all the fault of some weak willed, uneducated, lazy fat person....haven't we been fat bashed enough? (All of us). Why do that to all the people that have regained....maybe they weren't fat lazy *******s...just a person that got the wrong surgery for them.

Scott
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/16 10:03 am, edited 10/31/16 3:32 am

You put me in a very bad mood. The only reason you are posting is to get people to read your blog. If it was on paper I would wipe my ass with it. 

There are a lot of RNY people who have done an amazing job. The only reason I am posting this is not for you. For others who are reading this will know that people fail the surgery. A lot of us have an actual addiction to food. It can be a long road to recovery to. If we didn't have food issues we wouldn't have needed the surgery.   It is a tool. Not a cure.

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/31/16 6:22 pm
If an online forum can so easily put you in a bad mood...get on a mood stabilizer or stay off line......there are many RNYers that have done exceptionally well....that is kudos to all of their hard work! I see the posts...they diet, eat less than 1200 calories a day, exercise, etc. that isn't WLS that is EFFORT.

Unfortunately, if you could do those things long term....than you didn't need WLS. There are a lot of regains with RNY.

I was just making the point that the surgery can fail due to mechanical failure.
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/16 4:53 am

I will go on a mood stabilizer if you get off of  your high horse. You insulted numerous people. Also there are people who are just starting out on their weight loss journey. You are not a health professional. You are a person who has an opinion. You know what opinions are like ******** Everyone's got one. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/1/16 9:12 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Why didn't you put the mechanical failure comment in your earlier post? Everybody is getting on you because you bashed their surgery that they did very well on, & you're basing it on the posts people make on here complaining about regain.

Yes Rny'rs are successful because they put in effort, any wls requires effort, including yours. Its not just riding on the surgery. Like you & the rest of us, if you was able to lose weight & keep it off on your own you would have. It is the combination of the surgery & effort that makes it possible. Its not an either or situation. You know that by now.

I've seen your earlier posts whenever someone complains about regain & your first instinct seems to rely heavy on getting a revision to the DS. Food choices, therapy, lifestyle changes seems like an afterthought when for most people addressing those issues first, then look at revision after.

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/16 10:21 am

I am three years out from surgery. I was going off the rails with my eating. I also was drinking alcohol to. I had to stop drinking and realize I had an addiction. With food and alcohol.

I still have about 20 more pounds to lose. I did lose when I started writing down what I was eating. Coming here for support does help. 

I wish there was a surgery that cured our heads. I can be totally full then read something about food and become hungry. Head hunger sucks. The worst thing ever.

Just go back to basics. I try to go meal by meal. If I do it day by day. Then I will go on a bender of eating crap. Start with protein first. 

Coming here and telling and asking for help is a step in the right direction.

Best Wishes to you