Weight gain

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/31/16 6:19 pm
I guess RNYers are ignorant of their own surgery...here is just one post about the 5 day pouch diet. There were MANY.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_grads/4370910/5-day-pouch-diet/

So before you open your mouth, make sure you check to make sure that your doctor didn't connect your anus t your lips...because you don't know the crap you are spewing.

Scott
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/31/16 7:32 pm

If I can have a dollar for ant stupid things is on OH or on internet... I would be etremly reach. 

Just because some moron think that doing 5DPT  is going to fix their issue is just amazing. And just because someone on grad forum posted that..it much be the truth? O boy.. You are for a huge disappointment when you believe what you see on internet... Yeap. Go back to your friends. You match their ability to get it. Ignorance is a bliss... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/31/16 7:35 pm
You know T is hagalicious has this same diet posted in her signature line.

I guess you're calling her ignorant too?

rocky513
on 10/31/16 7:53 pm, edited 10/31/16 12:57 pm - WI

Go back and read it again.  It's not the "5 day pouch test".  It's an "all meat, no carb" site that was started as sort of a joke to all the "5 day pouch test" posts that were floating around.  You might sharpen your reading skills before you spout off.  

For someone who is not trying to re-start the old 'surgery wars' you sure are ******g a lot of people off.  

BTW... I had RNY 6 years ago and I'm still within 5 pounds of my lowest weight... and I **** every single day!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/31/16 8:07 pm

Reading is not one his strong points. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/1/16 4:30 pm, edited 11/1/16 9:30 am
The 5 day meat test and the 5 day pouch test are the same. 2 days of liquids followed by soft proteins....followed by dense proteins....or just meat. Same difference. It's a 5 day jump start.

As noted above, I have been on the defense, I'm the one being attacked.
Grim_Traveller
on 11/1/16 6:02 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

How are those two things the same?

You sound like a six year old who had his cookie stolen. Time to go back under your bridge.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

ladygodiva1228
on 11/2/16 10:59 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On November 1, 2016 at 11:30 PM Pacific Time, Beam me up Scottie wrote:
The 5 day meat test and the 5 day pouch test are the same. 2 days of liquids followed by soft proteins....followed by dense proteins....or just meat. Same difference. It's a 5 day jump start.

As noted above, I have been on the defense, I'm the one being attacked.

You sir are a ******g idiot who hides behind a sesame street character.  You come back to OH when you need to get off on something and to stir the ****

I remember the nasty surgery wars and how most of you DS'rs were so mean and nasty to anyone else who even thought about having any other type of surgery. 

As for being attacked when you put down another person's surgery because you think yours is the best then it is fair game to be attacked. 

Riddle me this if the DS is such a superior surgery over the others why are there only a handful of surgeons in the US who will perform it? 

You might do us all a favor and leave OH for good.  You don't bring any valuable information to any of the boards anyways.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Beam me up Scottie
on 11/2/16 6:01 pm
I didn't call anyone a F** idiot, or turn to personal attacks....just saying.

Nasty is as nasty does...and you're the one being nasty. I didn't make any personal attacks. I called the RNY a crap surgery....it's a dinosaur that should be retired. You might as well break out the leeches or do some blood letting. A VSG does basically the same thing. Restricts you to a point where you are limited in the amount you can eat. Why would anyone get a RNY instead of a VSG? That is not a personal attack...but if you take that as a personal attack or an insult...then you probably need counseling. If you are your surgery-then you have issues. Just sayin'.

Everyone keeps talking surgery wars...and I haven't started any wars. But if someone posts about RAPID regain with the RNY and everyone is telling them to eat 100 calories a day and blaming them for getting fat again......isn't that an issue? If you could do all of those things before WLS, you would not have needed WLS.

To answer your question- the DS is a more complicated surgery. Since the epic failure of the band...and now the realization that the RNY is a nightmare long term- surgerons have turned to the next "easy" surgery- the VSG. What I anticiapate will happen is that the surgeons will realize in a few years that restriction without malabsorbtion is not enough. There is a lot of play on newer hybrid DS's (loop DS, SADI, etc); possibly these are the new gold standards of WLS.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/1/16 8:28 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Try again. The site in her sig is www.fivedayMEATtest.com, which I wrote as a half-joke because the Five Day POUCH Test is full of hooey. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!