Weight gain

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/31/16 3:39 am
On October 31, 2016 at 2:27 AM Pacific Time, Beam me up Scottie wrote:

There use to be a diet on the graduate forum that dealt with jump starting weight loss.

From memory, it was something like 2 or 3 days of just protein shakes, then a week of just puréed foods, then slowly introducing low carb foods back into your diet.

It was supposed to help make you feel restriction again. I had the DS, but I know when I don't eat the whole day or eat very light for a few days, i get fuller faster....if nothing else, just drinking protein shakes should help you feel fuller and lose a few lbs.

Scott

Ugh.. This show how ignorant you are about RNY anatomy. 

Shakes will not make RNY person full. Because we have a pouch - liquids dont stay in the pouches and just drain into intestine.  We don't get full on liquids and we dont stay full on liquids. That is really really bad idea to advise anyone with a pouch to do that. 

Please educate yourself.. You have been on the OH for so many years and you don't know much about RNY... Ugh.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/31/16 7:45 am
I was only reporting what was being tossed around on graduate board.

On the other hand..I am familiar with the RNY anatomy which is the reason I tell people not to get it! It's a crap surgery, with poor long term results, and a strong possibilty of mechanical failure. But I guess I shouldn't say that too much, because telling the truth usually means someone is trying to start a "surgery war". But I guess anyone with eyes can see that within the last few weeks there have been several posts from RNYer that have regained almost all of their EWL back.

Scott
mute
on 10/31/16 8:27 am, edited 10/31/16 1:32 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Seriously don't post **** when you don't know what you're talking about. I've done my research and made the best choice for myself as have most people. I don't knock other surgeries because they have benefits as well - I just chose RNY because it was best for me. RNY has many studies behind it showing long term success.

ANY surgery can have regain. EVERY single one can be out eaten. It's dependent on the person to work the tool the surgery provides them. Surgery is not magic. Jesus.

*edited because my stupid computer was being stupid

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/31/16 8:31 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I think trashing a whole group of people that chose to have a surgery that you consider as crap is incredibly disrespectful. There are plenty of people who have had the rny & are happy with their choice. Like you've said earlier, you have been gone, for quite some time & you're now noticing how different the boards have become.

Most people that post are usually the ones that have been gone & have experienced regain, or have some other type of problem.

Regain, which can happen with any surgery, including the DS., is a common post. The people who stay are very few in number. Regain is common & nothing to be ashamed of. Most times people go back to their old ways of eating & have forgotten or eased back on the very things that have helped them get the weight off in the first place.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/31/16 9:43 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Got any research to back up the assertion of "poor long term results" with RNY?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 10/31/16 11:29 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On October 31, 2016 at 2:45 PM Pacific Time, Beam me up Scottie wrote:
I was only reporting what was being tossed around on graduate board.

On the other hand..I am familiar with the RNY anatomy which is the reason I tell people not to get it! It's a crap surgery, with poor long term results, and a strong possibilty of mechanical failure. But I guess I shouldn't say that too much, because telling the truth usually means someone is trying to start a "surgery war". But I guess anyone with eyes can see that within the last few weeks there have been several posts from RNYer that have regained almost all of their EWL back.

Scott

Well, as long as we're posting truth, and not trying to start any surgery wars . . .

RNY has much better long term results than VSG. I can't statistically compare it to the DS, since most doctors that performed DS stopped because of long term complications. Speaking of which, you can usually tell which people in a room had the DS. They're the ones who are still obese, and sitting closest to the door so they can make it to the bathroom before it's too late.

But hey, I'm with you. Speaking truth, avoiding surgery wars.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/31/16 6:24 pm, edited 10/31/16 12:07 pm
Tsk tsk tsk..RNYers Shart:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/3939389/shart/

Of course, the other end of that spectrum are all the posts that RNYers make about how they can't take a dump....unless of course you mean they ate a cookie and found themselves foaming up and passing out from "dumping syndrome:

But if I never have to read a RNYer post, "I had to pick the crap out of my butt"...again...i'd be very happy.

BETH6536
on 11/1/16 12:57 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 04/19/17

As someone about to have surgery in a month, I come on to this website to read the advice from experienced WLS patients. This is a very scary and unsure time for people in my position. I feel like you have turned this forum - this topic in particular- into a stupid Facebook post. I feel like your posts are from a 12 yo kid meant to stir up **** in the neighborhood.

This is the only surgery my provider provides for WLS so I am looking for facts and real experiences. Then I have to read posts like the ever tasteful "sharting" and "picking crap out of my butt". While those issues may pose valid concerns, your posts are childish and offensive and have no solid suggestions of facts or advise for those looking for it.

Do us newbies who are looking for genuine support and information a favor and just don't post anymore.

mute
on 11/1/16 4:49 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Hi Beth - there are good and bad things about all the surgeries and if you're looking for actual information about anything in particular about RNY feel free to post a question or ask here. I had RNY 19 months ago and honestly have no idea what he's talking about here. There are many people who will tell you very frankly their experiences with the surgery so that you are armed with facts and not random things someone else thinks they know!

Good luck!

Gina 22 years out
on 11/1/16 5:37 am - Burleson, TX

BETH...Hi!!!  I am Gina...over 14 years post RNY...down 180 pounds...a true roller coaster ride...hold on to your socks

If there is ANYTHING you would like to ask from someone who LIVES in an RNY body , please do not hesitate to call on me!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things