Richmond, VA Employers

thebullheaded1
on 10/19/16 5:14 am - Chesapeake, VA
RNY on 06/27/16

Hi Fashionista,

Not sure what you do but I work for Anthem and I know there is a presence in Richmond VA.  I had my surgery covered through them this year.  I will also admit that open enrollment is next month so not sure of the changes.  From the emails we have gotten it didn't sound like a lot in terms of coverage but I don't know that for sure.  Good luck!

~Melanie~

fashionista
on 10/19/16 7:37 am - Brooklyn, NY

Thank you.  I know a few people who work for Anthem and they are in my top 10 to apply.  Do you happen to know the time frame they offer short term disability?  

mute
on 10/19/16 7:11 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Not in VA but I'm in HR and open enrollment is coming like others have said and that can change coverage drastically.

Additionally each company will have different coverage under each insurance company with different exclusions. I understand wanting to apply to companies that have this covered - that makes total sense. But it will be difficult to research this ahead of time as asking this specific question to HR will raise big red flags. It makes sense to ask it here obviously but it is a shot in the dark to try to find someone here that will be able to tell you an employer that covers WLS in your specific area.

When you're going through the interview process if you get close enough to ask about benefits I would ask for the Summary of Benefits & Coverage. It's very common for candidates to ask about this when they're closer in the process since insurance is so important and that doesn't raise any flags for myself or my HR manager at all.

Good luck.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

fashionista
on 10/19/16 7:40 am - Brooklyn, NY

Thanks for the HR feedback.  I had no intentions of asking during the interview process.  I was hoping that people of the WLS community might just share their employers and I could just start there.  I see even that is a task.  Thank you for the feedback.

Valerie G.
on 10/19/16 9:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Well, the last 8 years have really forced large corporations to cut back on the health insurance 'luxury items' they offer to their employees, including wls.  Way back when, I do recall Siemens, Home Depot and Starbucks once covered it a decade ago.  I left Siemens in 2008, and have yet to work for another employer that covers wls.  I also agree don't say a peep about intentions of surgery for at least 3-6 months.  Give a chance to prove yourself first.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes