What's it like to "Hormone Dump"?

April Parker
on 10/13/16 4:39 pm - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

I researched it, because I saw some people mention hormone dumping in Chassibi's post, and was just curious. I don't think I am having that problem. Maybe my Paxil helps level that out. (For social anxiety and depression) Or since I have only been out from surgery for around 16 weeks? Or is it that I am losing weight at a slower rate? I'm just curious, and I know this is crazy, but if I am not experiencing this, could it mean I am doing something wrong?

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

swim_bike_smile
on 10/13/16 8:56 pm
RNY on 06/13/16

I think I may have experienced a hormone dump around 3 months out.  I had lost around 50lbs, and all of a sudden my skin looked worse than it ever did when I was going through puberty.  I also had a really weird irregular menstruation cycle (which could also have been a result of having PCOS).  

I don't think you're doing something wrong if you don't experience it.  Everyone's body reacts differently, so I wouldn't be worried.  If anything be happy that you're not going through the acne, weird periods, and emotional bouts that go along with hormone dumping.  

M1 -31  M2  -15  M3 -14  M4 -10 M5 -12 M6 -7  M7  -4  M8  -3    

Instagram:    the.traveling.pouch

MFP:     chelso0o     (o zero 0)

Valerie G.
on 10/14/16 4:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I don't remember a lot happening with me at all.  Like hair loss - results may vary

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

chris_ruff
on 10/14/16 7:14 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i lost hair and got really horny! a very sexy combo...

--Christina