Less tolerance for ass-holery?

Daisydoo02
on 10/14/16 5:24 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Sorry to hear that work is crap and you have a big car repair bill, that would make me mad too!!

I am actually the opposite, I was for sure, hands down MORE *****y when I was MO. I am much more patient and understanding and willing to hear both sides of the story kind of thing and tolerant now.  What I do notice POST surgery is I have a BOAT LOAD of CONFIDENCE now, it was pretty non existent pre surgery.  So do I consider my new found confidence "*****y" no, and there is nothing that drives me more mental than a strong confident woman being labelled a "*****". I mean sure some woman are *****es but some are just confident and sure of themselves.  And you seem to have a trifecta as you call it, stressed at work, worried about vehicle repairs, PMS so sure you might be more "*****y" than usual but I am sure you are also more confident, your inner self matches your outer self now.   You are not a ***** Chassidy, you are a strong confident woman 

As for the stress eating, I can't really help you on that, I lose my appetite when I am stressed. I can say is start to research how you can use different coping strategy's that do not involve food, reading, watching TV, crafts, walking the mall, meal planning (not eating), crosswords, text a friend, do up Christmas card lists and come to OH so we can all help & support you  

artfullyeclectic
on 10/14/16 9:45 am
RNY on 08/23/12

Thought it was just me! I've lost my smile...everything irritates me more now than ever.

Batwingsman
on 10/15/16 5:37 pm - Garland, TX

Wow, are we allowed to use such words on here?  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/16 1:03 am

It's a great question with many great responses so thanks for asking.

I just added a post on the DS forum about feeling more patient now, but it's really a matter of having more patience for things are important in life, and less patient for BS. I think the loss of coping mechanisms is true and effects many of us, and the additional patience for important life situations is probably due to better sleep, more exercise to relieve some stress, and being more comfortable in my smaller body.

I have many more confrontations with clerks & sales people now but to me they are clearly cases where the person is doing very low grade work and I'm paying a price for it, so I'm not shy about letting them know I don't appreciate it.  

NYMom222
on 10/18/16 6:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Somehow I missed this post. Thanks for posting it, I have loved reading the responses.

I think I have less need to be people pleasing... If you don't understand why I am doing what I am doing, Oh well.... I don't need your approval....

Stress eating- I am still trying to figure out what triggers me. Living alone is hard, because you can do what you want and no one is watching....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save