Runny nose every time I eat

Beam me up Scottie
on 10/12/16 6:15 pm
I'd talk to your surgeon. It may be that your fuller quicker than you realized. During the first few months of surgery 1 or 2 bites can fill you up, way before your head catches up. You can even "feel" hungry, but not be hungry. It took me a few times tossing my cookies to learn that lesson.

It doesn't sounds normal. Our bodies react to food differently after surgery.

You may want to talk to your doctor at your next follow up.

On the vagus nerve issue:

http://drsircus.com/medicine/function-vagus-nerve

There are two main types of vagus nerve disorders. One is caused by an under-active or inactive vagus nerve, while the other is caused by a vagus nerve that overreacts to ordinary stimuli. Vagus nerve disorders that stem from an under-active vagus nerve often lead to a condition known as gastroparesis which is a frequent and severe complication of diabetes. Patients suffering from this disorder may experience pain in the stomach, nausea, heartburn, stomach spasms, and weight loss. Patients with under-active vagus nerves often experience severe gastrointestinal problems. Those with overactive vagus nerves may faint.
mute
on 10/13/16 4:14 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Hi I'm 19 months out and it just started happening and started happening st the first or second bite. I only eat 700-800 calories a day so it's almost impossible for me to be full that soon. 

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

NYMom222
on 10/12/16 8:59 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

For the longest time I was in the runny nose club... but it seems to have calmed down...only happens rarely now.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

luvbskts
on 10/14/16 11:13 am

Me too!!!  I thought I was crazy :)