Wedding!

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/16 6:04 am
RNY on 09/26/16

My husband and I are heading off for a beautiful weekend in Maine where he will be officiating a wedding. We are the guest of the couple and will be staying in a beautiful resort. There will be SO much food and so much drink ( I know these folks) and I am packing my pudding, jell0 protein shakes. I am not really feeling sorry for myself and I feel so grateful my surgery came at a time when I am able to go with him bt, gosh darn it! how can I sit there at a tableful of food and wine and NOT feel sorry ? Also, I really don't want to announce to all of these people that I just had bariatric surgery 10 days ago.

But, you know I am just going to try and live in the gratefulness that I am able to go, it is a beautiful breathtaking drive and stay and if it where any other time I would be feeling like CRAP on Sunday for overeating and overdrinking. I am going to try to hold on to that at how much weight I am not going to gain over the weekend! This time last week I was still in a lot of discomfort and just 5 days of surgery.

I think part of getting my head in the game is knowing and truly feeling in my heart that I made this huge life decision and I will be faced with it constantly and I HAVE to accept all the positives( and there are too many to count)

Hope you all have a great weekend and can face all of your challenges head on!

pammieanne
on 10/7/16 6:13 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

You'll do fine! Do you know the menu? Maybe there's a soup you can have a little of? Mashed something or another? I don't know where you are on your progression of foods (at 10 days I was just coming off of liquids and could try a bite or two of pureed foods).

The only part that will be hard is the dinner. The rest of the time, carry around a glass of water with a lemon/lime in it, laugh, talk, and enjoy the scenery!!!

Good luck, and have a great time!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/16 10:24 am
RNY on 09/26/16

Great advice! Thanks! I think having a wine glass in my hand will help a great deal! Not sure the menu but it Maine so lots of stupid crustaceans I would not eat anyway!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/7/16 6:22 am

Very early on no eating in social gathering can create a topic for conversation by others. Around month 3 I developed a distraction..by taking a plate ..putting some food on it..smearing it around the plate so it looks like I had more by ate some...and either leave it on a plate in front of me or ...over the evening dipump the food on my BF plate... Slowly.. But keeping a few bites and the dirty plate in front of me... Most assumed a re the food...

Now - since I am skinny - and older I really don't care.  I really don't eat a lot..and frinds and family know I have food allergies and intolerances and often I just get a drink or eat a few bites and leave the rest... 

Early on when we are still bigger - not eating raise a concern... But a "skinny" person is expected not to eat a lot... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/16 10:28 am
RNY on 09/26/16

Awesome! I will do just that! Thanks! Great advice!

Insert Fitness
on 10/7/16 7:56 am

I hear ya. I attended weddings and social events during pre op liquids, post op liquids and post op purée. If it was family at the table, I didn't care. Otherwise, if it was buffet style event, my husband and I would each take a small plate, then I'd just switch with him. If it was a sit down, id move things around for a bit, then just cover it with a napkin. Otherwise, I would occupy myself with other people's babies to give them a chance to eat. 

It can be a little awkward, but I had zero appetite, so it wasn't too tricky, temptation wise. 

I also kept some protein shakes in the car and would disappear to drink them. 

Good luck! You'll figure out your own system along the way!

Kathy S.
on 10/7/16 11:55 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

You got this Pepper!  Dance, dance, dance....  concentrate on all the fun instead of the food.  We look forward to hearing how it went

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/16 10:32 am
RNY on 09/26/16

Wow! Thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/16 12:45 pm

One thing I have learned in the beginning was to say I don't eat that. Instead of saying can't. 

Make sure you give yourself some time to take a walk during your visit. I take little quick time outs for myself sometimes when I am out at some events. Me time is something that I find important for me to have.