I'm so hungry! Procedure 10/6

TimeToHealRich2016
on 10/9/16 12:36 am - CA
VSG on 07/11/16

As a few others have said...it is far more mental than it is physical.  Good time to build your better control of how you deal with hunger.  We all in our past gave in to it.  You now have to be stronger and distract yourself from food ups and downs.  Great time for a walk or a swim or a project.  It is truly a mind over matter situation.  What really matters is your long term health, not any satisfaction that you could get from food.  Good luck!  Rich

HW: 447 SW: 415 GW: 240 CW: 339 Total WL = 110

WL: Pre-op: -32 M1: -27 M2: -19 M3: -14 M4: -9 M5 & M6: -9 in progress

GentleDomenic
on 10/10/16 8:07 am - Canada

It's mostly in your mind at this stage

Make sure are meeting your water intake 

Shalee360
on 10/10/16 7:19 pm
VSG on 10/05/16

I'm feeling much better today! Well I woke up, cried a little... tummy isn't liking anything today and I was feeling emaciated. I am getting all my fluids, but I was trying to get in all my protein and vitamins, as well as crushed meds (that burnt my throat) and realized I was not supposed to do that until next week. The nurse said to take Milk of Magnesia? I also eat Tums. Hot tea and hot broth agree with me best. I dont want to feel like I'm abusing my body, its a mental madness kind of week. I know it will all get better! But I was mourning the loss of my stomach, how morbid! I just feel like the procedure is so barbaric, but I am at peace about it. I've been researching Bariatric procedures since about 1996. Im excited, its one day at a time around here!  Thanks for your replies!