THIS SUCKS

White Dove
on 10/7/16 1:19 pm - Warren, OH

So you take every suggestion but reject the one suggestion that will make you lose weight.  There is no magic exercise or pill.  It is all about calories and a person who weighs 188 is taking at least 2000 a day. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

CMR1075
on 10/17/16 11:57 am
VSG on 01/15/16

I'm not rejecting it, and maybe I'm just being math stupid cause it's not my strong suit lol but that just seems like a lot of calories to eat a day. 

Gwen M.
on 10/6/16 6:07 am
VSG on 03/13/14

What, exactly, are you eating?  Are you weighing, measuring, and logging everything you consume?  How about what you're drinking?  

The culprit here is unlikely exercise.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Laura in Texas
on 10/6/16 6:43 am

Measuring cups and food scales should be your best friend. No guessing. Keep calories and carbs super low. If you are doing these things, the scale will move again.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Willie H.
on 10/6/16 8:21 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Well, sad to say. Gastric surgery certainly changes your metabolism. Where at one time I was at over 300 lbs and could lose weight on 1800 calories a day, now two year after surgery I gain weight if I eat over 1200 calories!?

I lost my 100 lbs basically in the first 10 months and my weight fluctuated  between somewhat 5-8 lbs. I'm now at the weight which I came out of high school.

I've now come to accept that now 2 1/4 years after surgery that this is perhaps where my body wants me? I mean I am 57 years old! Believe me, I go to gym, I've dropped calories to 800 and will lose a lb or 2 but eventually know I cannot keep it up at that low deficit and I come back to this weight. The good thing I don't really gain much weight either when I am bad, so to be honest consistency has not been my strong point. Also, sometimes we do lose inches-gain muscle, lose fat.

So for now I just try to eat properly, i.e. low carbs, high protein, fiber, less fat, exercise and live a healthy lifestyle. I feel great! Would I love to get to my goal weight or at least close to it-yes! And I will keep trying!  Maybe later on my body will allow for me to drop more weight but it has been-as I said-about 2 1/4 years.

We have to realize the the tool did its work-it promised me a 55%-70% success of the weight I needed to lose which was 140 lbs, of which it has done. So now it's on me. Will it be harder since I have to take in far less calories to lose weight? You bet! But it's a goal that keeps me focused and busy. My body has a lot of potential for change, for more muscle, for less fat, for strengthening, flexibility, etc. So even if I do not lose another pound, I can certainly get a lot more healthy and also change my body's composition and how it looks.

Be in it for more than just the weight-be in it for the journey to a healthy and happier lifestyle! In the interim, pounds will most likely eventually come off. Wish you well-stay encouraged!!!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

White Dove
on 10/6/16 9:35 am - Warren, OH

You can live with a calorie deficit.  Your body will burn fat to make up the difference.  One or two pounds a week is 52 - 104 pounds off in one year.  I do fine on 900 calories and stay there until my weight is where I want it to be.  It is the only way to lose more weight and you will feel even better than you do now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Kathy S.
on 10/6/16 10:24 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Ditto to what everyone said.  If it goes near your mouth measure it, log it and note every ingredient that is in it.  Also, change things up.  For example if you have been eating chicken and fish try another protein. If you have been walking try biking?  I was on a 9 week stahl and almost too a long walk off a short pier. I knew I was eating right so if you have not done so, get someone to hide the scale.  Note your measurements, your energy level.  How much you can do today compared to before surgery.  Success can be measured in other ways.  

Take your logs to your surgeons office and have someone review it.  

Post your daily meals on the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG) and everyone will be able to help you.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

middlin
on 10/6/16 12:06 pm

I am finding in my journey that even when I am watching calories very close that I still need 100 oz( yes that is actually my magic number lol) of water everyday or nothing changes for me. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/6/16 12:36 pm

Not all food is the same. 

Eat real food - made from meats and vegetables,  minimally processed - I can eat 1500-1800 calories and maintain or lose even with relatively low body fat %. That would be eats, eggs and fish, some non starchy  veggies, nuts..some fruits 

But when I eat or drink processed food - like protein shakes, protein bars,  yogurts, - I can gain weight in 100-1200 cal diet..  

It is not only how much you eat but what you eat that matters.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Willie H.
on 10/6/16 1:05 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Hmmm? Never thought about that? Good point- could be my problem-I probably eat more of processed food than I think! Thanks.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"