a little stuck

swim_bike_smile
on 10/5/16 5:45 pm
RNY on 06/13/16

NOOOoooOOOOooOOoooo!!!  Don't lift!  You can seriously (and I do mean SERIOUSLY) injure yourself.  You could rupture your suture lines, give yourself a hernia, or worse.   Also, I think you need to get "out of your head" a little bit.  You're over-thinking things.  Right now all you should be worrying about is 1.hydration 2.protein 3. hydration & protein.  You WILL lose with this surgery if you follow your surgical team's guidelines.  

Pushing yourself to do too much too quickly, or comparing yourself to others will only serve to screw with your head.

I want to give you a big hug right now, because I totally get it-- I was you 3 months ago.  But, I'm gonna need you to reel back a little bit.  You're still recovering, and the swelling hasn't even gone down yet, so please take that into consideration.  Take a deep breath, and trust the process.   :)

M1 -31  M2  -15  M3 -14  M4 -10 M5 -12 M6 -7  M7  -4  M8  -3    

Instagram:    the.traveling.pouch

MFP:     chelso0o     (o zero 0)

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/8/16 6:24 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I had all sorts of cravings for awhile.  I just had to tough it out by distracting myself.  SF popcicles helped me get more fluid in without gulping.

Heed the warnings not to lift, even if you are off work.  I am a dedicated weight lifter and I waited 12 weeks to begin again and I am on post-plastic surgery kifting hiatus now.  My general rule - your insides take twice as long to heal as your outside - so I waited 12 weeks, longer than my drs 6 weeks.  Also, I think that drs don't believe that I lift 100 pounds on arms and 200 leg lifts (on Nautilus, not free weights).  Drs just think that women lift 5 pounds.  Anyway  just staying mobile was enough for me for 3 months.  I had a friend who had wt los surgery just before me - she lost 80 pounds pre-op and then 30 during the FIRST MONTH!!  And there I was at 15 pounds the first month and then 10 thereafter.  But, after a year of losing 10 pounds per month - well you can do the math.  Comparing your weight loss to someone else is a total waste of time.  Spend your time tracking that you are folllowing directions and finding new hobbies and activities.

Best wishes for a wonderful WL journey.

Sharon