Wearing a bathing suit...ACK!

mute
on 10/4/16 12:14 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I'll be in FL in 9 days. 2.5 days at Universal and 2.5 days at a condo on the beach.

I'm kind of nervous about wearing a bathing suit in public! I don't know why that didn't occur to me before now but it just kind of hit me that I'll be on the beach with other people. I didn't think of the other people before lol. In my head it was just DH and I, but it's not like it's a private beach.

Just feeling kind of ACK about this. Bathing suits, ugh...

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

jenorama
on 10/4/16 1:02 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I hear you.  My upper arms and thighs are a disaster.  I got a one piece and over that I wear a long-sleeved swim shirt and swim capris from Coolibar to keep that business covered up.  That might be something you can try and if anyone gives you **** about it, say you're watching your sun exposure.  :D

Have a great time regardless. Oh, and I hope Hurricane Matthew doesn't mess things up too badly for you.  My dad is coming back to Miami on Sunday from his western caribbean cruise and I'm hoping things go okay with that.

Jen

mute
on 10/5/16 5:22 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I've been keeping a close eye on the storm, so far I don't think it will mess things up but it's hard to know! I hope things are okay for your dad!

I have a swimsuit and a gauzy cover-up type thing. I haven't worn a swimsuit in YEARS. I had one just in case we went to a place with a hot tub but we never really did. So earlier in the summer I bought a super cheap from one Wal-Mart because I was going through sizes so quickly I didn't want to buy a nice one. So it is what it is and I'll wear it and be meh about it. Just nervous, you know? Like my thighs and arms are a hot mess - I never think about my thighs because no one sees them but now they will.

I'll be repeating to myself no one cares but you over and over...

Steph Meat Hag
on 10/4/16 1:38 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

If you can pull "sporty" off you can always wear a rash guard and shorts.  You'd look like a surfer :-)  I wear this type of clothing with a swim top sports bra and some type of quick dry undies.  Its very functional for diving and it covers up some odd ball issues like loose skin on the arms.  

On the other hand, you know there will be 10 people there who are wearing lord knows what and you my dear will not be the spectacle of the day no matter how hard you try.  While inside you might feel like everyone on the beach is watching you, the real truth is a couple people might glance your way but you'll blend right into their day just like they will for you.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

mute
on 10/5/16 5:24 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks - I have a cheap swimsuit I got earlier in the year since I knew this was coming and that I was going through sizes so quickly and didn't want to spend money on something like this.  But that is a good idea for the future when I'm done losing!

That's good advice too, I'll try repeating that over and over - that no one else cares.

chris_ruff
on 10/4/16 1:49 pm
RNY on 04/07/09 with

my thinking is that regardless of the type of suit, i'm never going to be a swimsuit model, so i might as well wear a cute one that i like. torrid has adorable, and supportive bikinis. i'm never totally comfortable, but i won't let that ruin me enjoying the beach!

--Christina
SkinnyScientist
on 10/4/16 5:22 pm

How about SWIM tights like this?  Or surf and swim leggings like these?  

http://www.prana.com/rai-swim-tight-1.html

http://www.theseea.com/collections/leggings-1/products/calafia-surf-leggings-selva

Another search term is aqua pants.

Enjoy your trip!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

iloveravens
on 10/5/16 11:57 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Those are so cute!  What a great idea.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/4/16 7:53 pm

The only person who's opion matter ..will be your DH..the rest? Who cares...

Good thing being originally from Europe and over 50...is that I don't care anymore who is watching... 

People come in different shape and sizes...lose skin and all of that... Only really insecure people would pay attention to you in a negative way - so they feel better about themselves.  So wear what you like and wear it proudly... Smile... You have a beautiful smile... If anyone pays negative attention to any other things - just feel sorry for them... Hugs... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mute
on 10/5/16 5:32 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Thanks Hala. My DH has always made me feel beautiful even when I wasn't really feeling it myself so that is one thing I never have to worry about. I will try to just concentrate on that - I know I'm always gorgeous in his eyes. I need to concentrate on that and not everyone else!