How Can lose weight with out home remedies

White Dove
on 10/3/16 6:45 am - Warren, OH

Weigh****chers is an excellent program.  Overeaters Anonymous is also excellent and it is free.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/3/16 2:30 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Look into www.myfitnesspal.com. Many people here track their post-op eating using the app, and it's a great way to get a handle on your food even if you haven't had surgery.

My husband has logged in every day for over a year, he's down by almost 50lb, and it's working really well for him.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

acbbrown
on 10/3/16 3:37 pm - Granada Hills, CA

For me, overeaters anonymous is my saving grace. I lost a total of 230 lbs with weight loss surgery process, but quickly regained 90. I have taken off almost 70 with OA. I'd personally say my WLS has a very small impact on my WL as I can seem to eat large amounts of food. If you want to chat about OA, send me a message. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Donna L.
on 10/3/16 10:14 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It's almost impossible to answer this question on the internet, because it depends on the primary reason you are overweight, which we don't know.  Once physiological reasons are ruled out, that typically leaves behavior: either pathological, bad habits, or a combination of both.  

Treating obesity is just a symptom of the problem.  To cure it permanently, you must uncover the cause and address it.  Even surgery won't do it if you omit this step.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Gwen M.
on 10/4/16 6:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

A-freaking-men.  

When I shared my BED diagnosis with people that I felt needed to know, I had to say this often, "My weight is just a symptom of the problem."  Granted, it's a fairly decent indicator of what's going on with my disease, just like a temperature is a good indicator of fever, but that's all it is.  And eating zero-calorie food to address the weight isn't going to cure the underlying disease.  Or, in my case, having surgery.  

Although surgery, I feel, did give me the breathing space I needed to address the disease.  So I'm grateful for it :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Donna L.
on 10/4/16 9:14 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I have binge eating disorder as well as major depressive disorder. BED is the most common eating disorder, and is also very stealthy.  It is extremely under diagnosed.  I also think that food addiction is a very real issue, though several professionals disagree on this point.  It's typically classified as a process addiction, however I think it is far more chemical similar to the way drugs are.  We have highly processed foods that are far more potent macronutrient wise than our ancestors did.  Many doctors also don't agree, necessarily, which is a shame.  Highly palatable food with a trio of sugar/fat/salt are designed to overeat.  Like, literally, food scientists design food to be addictive, which we don't all realize--or even want to admit.

The original post though, that's why I'm a big fan of integrated healthcare.  My doctor's office has a social worker now.  I want to work as an integrated healthcare counselor, myself, however the jobs just aren't there yet, but it's slowly changing. Providers don't yet acknowledge the usefulness of having one directly in house.  Even with surgery, we screen for pathology, but there is seldom psychiatric after care.  It frustrates me, as both a clinician and a patient.  But, that's a tangent for another time...

At any rate, this is why we must address the cause of the obesity.  Even before surgery I lost about 300 pounds or so on my own and kept it off.  Therapy and antidepressants were the "magic" that caused it.  I've spoken to many people who have probably lost 600 pounds each, regaining and re-losing, over and over.  It's very easy to lose the weight, even with surgery.  The hard part is keeping it off, and keeping it off is psychology.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Donna L.
on 10/4/16 9:18 am, edited 10/4/16 2:18 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I forgot to add >.> surgery was a miracle for me.  It didn't cure the BED, but it, too, gave me breathing room.  It was miraculous to wake up and be unable to eat.  My surgeon prefers NPO for 24 hours (which means you eat and drink nada), and I was terrified.  Like, more terrified than getting shot or murdered.  I mean, I feel crazy now for saying it.  After surgery it was peaceful.  Calm.  The nurses forgot I was NPO and I reminded them, unprompted.  How things change...

These days it's no big thing.  I do struggle without eating sometimes, a product of the BED need to conquer anxiety and harm.  I can make myself wait though.  

No diet ever gave me that.  The first weight loss I fought for tooth and nail.  Don't get me wrong - it still takes effort - however, it's doable.  Before it was frustrating, maddening, and mentally agonizing.  I obsessed about food constantly.

Kathy S.
on 10/4/16 10:07 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Juliedespino  

As everyone said here most of us spent our lives trying all the non surgical options until our health started taking a dive and we had no other choice.  I personal lost and gained a football team.  

Here is the link to the non surgical forum:    http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/non_postops/

Good luck to you  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Eggface
on 10/8/16 5:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

The Obesity Action Coalition has a great brochure (both online or they will send you one free if you request it) about weight loss options (they are all science based and/or FDA approved, no scam crap) and it will give you pros and cons of each and more info, etc. 

http://www.obesityaction.org/educational-resources/brochures -and-guides/understanding-your-weight-loss-options-brochure 

Hope it helps. Best wishes with your weight loss journey.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

catwoman7
on 10/8/16 8:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes, there are good programs out there. But I tried pretty much everything.  I'd usually lose 30-50 lb**** a brick wall, and then gain it all back.  This went on for decades.  I just felt at some point I had no other choice - dieting wasn't working for me.  It does for some (not many, but some), but I wasn't one of them, unfortunately.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163