HELP! Need advice about the OH Conference

Kathy S.
on 9/29/16 9:34 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Deanna,

I am not from that area but have asked some of the OH staff from the area to help you out. They will be able to advise you of traffic and such.  We are so glad you are coming to the event!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/16 9:37 am - CA

Deanna798, LAX is not far, but traffic can make the route a long and tedious one.   If you aren't comfortable driving on freeways with  a lot of changes, (getting on one freeway to another), etc.  I would say Uber it.    Lyft also has a service you can use and you might be able to google to get a code to get a discount on either of those two services.     If you are only coming to and from the hotel for the event, I think that would save you some money.   The ride from LAX to OC will be your biggest expense.   

Can't wait to meet you!

~Nik

ecm1109
on 9/29/16 11:08 am

Not from LA but just visited my sister who lives there...she sends me in the supershuttle since driving can be a real pain!  I would say let someone else drive and enjoy the scenery.  Driving in LA can be a bit much especially if you are not familiar with where you are going, however, you did say you were from Michigan, and those folks are mad drivers, so maybe nothing to you!  LOL!  . Supershuttle has always been a great service for me. Whatever you decide, be careful and have a great time!

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/29/16 11:28 am

If you decide to have a car- verify if the hotel you staying has a free parking or the have daily fee. Plus - if you have rental and consider driving to the conference  verify that the hotel the conference is in have a free parking or you need to pay for it. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 9/29/16 1:01 pm, edited 9/29/16 6:11 am - Warren, OH

I used to drive in LA all the time, and it is a nightmare.  Take the shuttles and save your money and your nerves.

PS: Detroit traffic gave me a headache for the first day until I figured out your Michigan lefts.  In Ohio you just go to the corner and turn left.  Going up the road and turning around confused me for a day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Deanna798
on 9/29/16 2:08 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Thanks everyone.  Rental car is officially cancelled and I've booked the shuttle.  I've also downloaded Uber and I plan to take that to and from the conference.  If all else fails, I'll walk the 2 miles, I can do that now, no problem... right?

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/29/16 4:49 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

B4 you leave the airport check to see if they have local maps of the area it might have the local public transportation listed on it so that you won't have to totally depend on Uber/your feet. I'm flying in the same day you are but should be there a little earlier, then again its supposed to rain & gusty winds so I might get there later. I'm taking the shuttle too, can't wait to see ya! 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Deanna798
on 9/29/16 5:03 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I have your cell phone, I'll text you when I get there so we can meet up.  I expect to be there before the fun begins! Hell, the fun is officially not allowed to begin until I get there, damnit!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20