Not sure where to start, but an introduction should do

chassibi
on 9/27/16 5:23 am

This is a great place to come and read and learn, chime in and ask questions. Use the search bar to help answer questions! There's TONS of info there.

I have found the accountability on the daily RNY menu thread is just what I need, it's over on the RNY boards.

Welcome!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

White Dove
on 9/27/16 5:29 am - Warren, OH

Your friend is getting married, but you are going to be going on a two-year honeymoon.  After RNY, weight loss was really, really easy.  I had no hunger and could only eat a small amount of food when I did eat.  Use that honeymoon wisely.  Get a digital food scale and start weighing every portion.  Track it all in My Fitness Pal.

Weigh yourself daily.  Wear a fitness tracker and get a smart scale that tracks more than just weight.  The good habits that you develop now are what will keep you on course long after the honeymoon is over. 

I am excited to see you making this journey and hope you post often now.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

AngryViking
on 9/27/16 6:06 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Yay, welcome!! 

It's OK to be nervous; in fact I'd be worried if you weren't!  You'll find there are lots of great people here to offer support and share lots of good info.  Just jump right into the pool!

rachelp
on 9/27/16 6:51 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Welcome, Mike!!

I was nervous too for a while (maybe more like excitement) but when it came down to the final days before surgery I felt very calm. Maybe because I knew deep down it was the right thing for me. I'm pretty active as well and I was tired of my weight holding me back. I'm still a newbie so I have a log way to go but I am able to do so much more already. 

Be sure to search past topics or ask any questions you may have to prepare for surgery. 

Congrats on making this life changing decision and I wish you well in your journey! 

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

Scubachick
on 9/27/16 10:00 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Hiya Mike!  We are all very excited for you. This group is so welcoming, fun, intelligent and really always just a few clicks away.

Scoot down everybody - we've got another "loser" to add to our bench!

HW 225 / SW 210.5 / GW 130

Month1) 14.5, Month2) 10, Month3) 11, Month4) 9, Month5) 5, Month6) 5, Month7) 6, Month8) 3

Kathy S.
on 9/27/16 1:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!   Ditto to all your fellow members have suggested  

We are glad that you have joined our OH community.  Be sure and check out the tutorial that appears when you log in.  As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.

We suggest you upload your avatar, fill in your surgery type, date and surgeon.  If you have not done so, let us get to know you by adding some information on your profile "about me" section.  Hang out on your surgery type forum to interact with those that had the surgery you are going to have.  Great support and information.  

If you want assistance, and or have any additional questions please email us at [email protected].   Regards, Kathy ObesityHelp.com Community Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/27/16 11:46 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hi Mike, nice to meet you!

Good on you to take charge "early" (compared to a lot of folks here) and have surgery in your 30s. I had my surgery just after my 31st birthday and I'm very grateful that I'll be able to spare myself the simultaneous pain of age AND obesity.

You'll see a lot of tough love here, which can be a little intimidating at first, but it's ultimately really helpful. Read and listen and watch, and you're already ahead of the game!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

VakAttack
on 9/27/16 1:39 pm, edited 9/27/16 6:40 am - FL
RNY on 11/16/16

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks.  I'm working my way thru the software on here to figure out what to add, etc.

Suffice to say, I'm a lawyer in Florida, I'm looking forward to restarting my life at a healthier place.  I tend to be snarky ******* but I'll try to tamp it down.

I was actually inspired to get the surgery by a (now ex) girlfriend who had it a few years before we started dating.  She looked great and said her energy and everything went thru the roof, and the positive effects were obvious outside of the weight loss.  She herself ended up being Satan come to Earth, but the inspiration was worth it!

Deanna798
on 9/27/16 4:02 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Welcome!  Goodhearted snark is always welcome!

One of the things that I had to deal with is taking constructive criticism here without getting butthurt about it.  There will be times when people say things that may seem a bit harsh, but 99% of the time it's given with the best of intentions.  But, if you're a regular message board poster, then you'll know how it goes on the internet.  

I've found a home here.  I don't go to any group therapy where I live, so this is my main source of support.  There is so much love and support here, this place might as well be spewing rainbows and unicorns.  I love it.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

G2GAWAY
on 9/27/16 11:43 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

It is the best decision I have ever made. Wish I had done it so many years ago.  Good luck on the journey.  Exciting times ahead for you!!!

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145