Slippery slope of cross addiction?

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/26/16 6:17 am, edited 9/26/16 3:07 am

At one time I was dating a lot.  Until I found a guy I wanted to be exclusive with.  Tried that 3-4 times... When things did not work - I would be back to dating. 

As long as you know what you are doing and why - enjoy the experance.  

When I was dating - I did not lie to guys that I am not dating other people... I just did not talk about that... If they asked me : I would tell but not any details... 

If a guy wanted to be exclusive and I did not - I knew he was not long term potential... 

At the same time - the guys are probably dating other people...and some of them could be married (yea...I am talking from experiance) 

If you do have sex - don't do that until you are ready..and use protection...if you are not ready to talk to them about STD - you not ready to have sex. 

Use protection. And have a pepper spray handy.  There are a lot of crazies out there. 

Added: dating for me was going out, having fun, coffees, activities (hiking, movie, concerts..) and only a few of them ended up as a sexual relationship..only the ones that had potential..  Until I was really to go more "steady- I often paid my own way, specially when I was not sure about the guy..

I rarely gave my official email,  and since i had a work cell phone - I bought another one so I can use that for dating... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Steph Meat Hag
on 9/26/16 9:34 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Eh your a big girl so you can date who you want and have time for.  As always be careful with who and where you meet, there are always weirdos out there.  Also be safe with night time activities of course.  But being able to go out, and have a good time is ok.  Maybe before you didn't feel up to it or like you deserved it.  Maybe now it's time you let you hair down a bit.  

I had a friend who after her divorce was finalized she went a little "crazy" for a few months.  She dated a lot and had plenty of night time activities as well.  Once she got it outa her system she "calmed" down and started dating for longer terms until Mr Right came by.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

SkinnyScientist
on 9/27/16 4:39 am

Are you making up for lost time and experiences?

There is nothing wrong with going out and having fun and experiencing what most girls did in their teens and college years.

As long as you aren't: 1) placing your worth on the number of dates in a month and 2) keeping up with other obligations (i.e. paying the bills, work, and etc), I dont think you are doing anything too outlandish

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !