Protein supplements

DenaCB
on 9/22/16 8:45 am

what is your favorite protein supplement?  

The Salty Hag
on 9/22/16 9:15 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I like the Isopure zero carb vanilla protein powder; one scoop is 25 grams of whey protein isolate and 105 calories. I still put 1/2 a scoop in my yogurt. Isopure also makes a RTD clear whey protein drink with different fruit flavors. The smell isn't fabulous, the taste is a little better than it smells, but one bottle is 40 gr of good quality whey protein isolate. I drank those when I got sick of "milky" protein drinks. 

A lot of people here like the Syntrax and Syntrax necter powders as well as the Unjury. 

I can find both types of Isopure at Viamin Shoppe. I never liked the Syntrax, so I never looked for it. ( I was able to buy samples at a nutrition store next to my surgeon's office. ) 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kudzu
on 9/22/16 10:45 am
VSG on 07/28/16

I don't like any of them, but I use Isopure unflavored and Syntrax wild grape. I just hold my nose and get them down. Gotta do what we gotta do. I'll be glad when I can eat all my protein instead of needing supplements. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/22/16 10:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You can mix the syntrax with crystal light, though you have to drink more of it when it's watered down. I have good luck with the fuzzy navel nectar and orange crystal light, especially when I put it in a bottle with a straw!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Kudzu
on 9/22/16 10:49 am
VSG on 07/28/16

Fuzzy navel is actually on my list when I get through this grape stuff. Thanks for the tip, Julie!

on 9/22/16 10:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Have you picked up a sample pack yet? You can buy an assortment of single-serve packets, that way you're not stuck with a huge tub of something you don't like.

https://www.smartbodynutrition.com/syntrax-nectar-protein-va riety-pack.html

Kudzu
on 9/22/16 11:01 am
VSG on 07/28/16

The grape that I have are the single serving packets. I'm drinking on one now. I think I'll toss some crystal light in it. And I have that bookmarked - will order some. 

on 9/22/16 11:15 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Try grape with lemonade crystal light. Weird, but it works! 

on 9/22/16 10:48 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I like the stuff from Trader Joe's, they have a vanilla whey powder that I mixed into Greek yogurt and SF pudding.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/22/16 11:21 am

chicken eggs bison pork beef shrimp and fish..

nuts...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."