Surgery date

jseemann16
on 9/13/16 10:50 am
RNY on 09/29/16

I am approved for surgery by insurance and scheduled for Sept 29th! I'm so excited and things will move fast now. Liquid diet starts in 2 days, meet with surgeon tomorrow and preop physical next week. Lots of last minute shopping to do. Wondering if anyone has last minute tips on things 1 may want to do in the next 2 weeks?

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 9/13/16 1:29 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Awesome and congrats on getting your date!

Definitely want to pick up (or think about) things for hospital... loose fitting clothing to travel home in, something loose and comfy to sit around hospital in for a few days, extra long phone charging cables, biotin for dry mouth, headphones, a laptop or tablet with some movies loaded.... sandals rather than shoes (i just wore my surgery socks with grippy stuff on bottom)

:)

Dont stockpile on soup/stock/protein/etc. Most of us did, but the stores arent goin anywhere and assuming you can have someone drive you you can easily go pick up any more stuff ya need.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Karen9849
on 9/13/16 1:47 pm

Hi,

I'm  having my surgery tomorrow, yay finally here....  I stocked up on food for the house for my husband.  Made some meals and froze them so that he can just pull them out of the freezer after work.  I also cleaned my house this past weekend, like Cinderella!!  I did everything.  I don't want to lay around staring at the dust bunnies.  The first couple of days of the pre-op are hard keep yourself busy so you don't think about food.  By day 4 or 5, I was doing pretty good with it.

Best of luck

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

Maronita
on 9/18/16 5:41 pm

I recommend that you find a walking part to encourage you to walk.

I personally found it helpful to purchase everything I needed for a month.

Remember you will NOT be able to pick up anything that is as heavy

as a gallon of milk.

Maronita

Kathy S.
on 9/19/16 1:07 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130