The last 20 pounds......

GentleDomenic
on 9/12/16 12:14 pm - Canada

The first 90lbs fell off pretty fast (5 months) this past month only 10 and it feels like now it's just not moving.

im at 205 goal should be around 185-90

is it just a matter of a slow down since I'm close to goal or is there anything I can do to crank this up a bit. Still eating less than 1000cals most days 

Wouks have liked to hit 180 with room for a bit of a bounce 

Im a 37 year old male and as of now all of my exercise has been walking and sports , It's going to be winter soon and will take it inside to gym and weight train I'm thinking its time first boost possibly 

Thanks 

Kathy S.
on 9/12/16 1:28 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Think about this question.  When was the last time you lost 100 pounds in 6 months?  Sounds pretty awesome weight loss to me!  Your body is in shock, fighting back and this happens all the time.  Change up your eating, exercise, trick the body so it won't get comfortable.  If you  have access go back to your surgeon and sit down with the nutritionist and go over your logs.  Make sure you record exactly what you are eating when and how much.  Make sure you are drinking your water and just staying on course with the basics. I lost like crazy and went from 330 to 140.  It stopped, didn't lose for 9 weeks and almost jumped off a cliff   I knew if I kept eating right and moving it would start again. I stayed away from the scale and used measurements, noted how much stronger I was, how much more I could do (boxing, lifting weights, boot camp) and took photos once a month. The photos were key for keeping on track.  Once the weight starting downward again it never stopped until I was below goal.  

One of the great positives of putting muscle on is the more muscle you have the more efficiently the body burns fat.

Keep us posted!  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Deanna798
on 9/12/16 2:50 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

That last 20 pounds is a real *****  I'm a year out and struggling to get the last of it off.  I know it can be done, because others are doing it, but I'm finding it very difficult.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

GentleDomenic
on 9/12/16 4:47 pm - Canada

Ahhhhh!!!LOL

catwoman7
on 9/12/16 7:22 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Weight loss slows down quite a lot after the first six months or so - plus you're getting closer to goal to boot.  The double whammy.  It's do-able, but it might be tough from here on out....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/12/16 9:57 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Banish the word "only" from your vocabulary, the sooner the better. Surgery is not magical and your excess weight will not vanish.

After the first month or two, most folks see a slow and steady 1 - 2lb per week with the occasional pause, assuming you're on track with food/vitamins/exercise/etc. 

Keep doing what you're doing, and you can get to goal, though it may take a while.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 9/13/16 3:20 am, edited 9/12/16 8:26 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

Like Kathy S - you've got to rebuild muscle mass - weight training is the only activity that will get it off.  Get a good body analysis base line to track your progress.

Sharon

Ashley in Belgium
on 9/13/16 5:53 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

It helps to think of this process as a journey, not a race.  100 pounds in 6 months is a lot.  Your body (and mind too if you are like most folks) needs a second or 20 to catch up.  

It may take 6 more months for you to get to goal and no one would call that slow.  

I agree with some of Kathy's points.  Change things up, take measurements every month and photos.  This helps you own the WL is a way that is difficult when you are living and dying by the number on the scale.  

The last pounds are the hardest to lose but they can make the most significant change in our body size and shape and clothing fit.  Be warned however that the lower you go the harder it is to maintain, but all of it is possible with perserverence, determination and awareness.  

IMO:  As for exercise - I had to give up all formal exercise at 8 months post-op due to hernia complications.  This never impacted my WL, nor does it prevent me from maintaining my 15 pound below goal weight loss.  So I am not a huge believer in exercise being the "only" way to get anywhere.  It really is about calories in vs. calories out.  Exercise is great for other benefits, but I don't think that WL is exclusively one of them.

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/16 1:57 pm

I am still working on losing the rest of my weight. I know it will come off. So many will say you look great don't lose anymore. We have to be comfortable with ourselves.

I feel restriction. I do feel like I can eat a lot more than I did before. So it is a one meal at a time. Just make your weight loss journey into a getting healthy journey. 

Coming to this website does help. It is a great support. So many people who have never had a weight problem or the surgery are clueless. 

You can do this.