SIZE 12 PANTS!?!?!?!!!

SKmammabear
on 9/9/16 2:29 pm

I took myself on a shopping spree to Goodwill yesterday and bought some pants in size 12.  I fully expected them to not fit, but went to try them on this morning and THEY FIT!!  (I don't like trying things on at Goodwill)  They are pretty comfy and I'm wearing them at work today!  I can't believe I'm back in a size 12 - down from 26-28 at my highest weight and down almost 200 pounds!  The last time I was anywhere near this size was back in 1992 and I weighed less than I do now...  But I have a lot of excess skin to deal with now.  

On another note...  because of all the excess skin on my legs, they seem to itch a lot... mainly after sitting and having the creases in the legs squished together...   anyone else with this problem?  I don't recall seeing this before as a topic.  

White Dove
on 9/9/16 2:59 pm, edited 9/9/16 8:00 am - Warren, OH

The is a layer of excess skin cells on your legs due to weight loss.  Get it off by exfoliating and it will stop itching,  Don't put cream or lotion on it. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SKmammabear
on 9/10/16 8:46 am

Thank you!  I will try that!

SkinnyScientist
on 9/13/16 11:05 am
  • To followup on the exfoliation thing, if you can get to a korean spa, the women that do the exfoliating (a service you pay extra for) use things called Italy towels or Italy mitts to exfoliate you.  The dead skin rolls up in balls and flakes. It is amazingly gross.

If you cant get to a korean spa (or nudity weirds you out...it is same sex nude for the bade pools/exfolation area and clothed mixed sex for the poultice/sauna room) you can buy the italy towels/mitts online typically from 6-18 bucks online.  There are you-tube tutorials on how to use this scratchy exfoliating towels.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/13/16 2:11 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Skip the towel and buy a box of sugar. Pour some in a bowl, then add enough liquid soap or body wash to make a paste. Smear it on, scrub it around with your hands (gently!), and rinse.

Kosher salt works as well, but will be a coarser scrub.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

NYMom222
on 9/10/16 7:09 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Congrats on the size 12's... very exciting!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Smallbites2015
on 9/10/16 7:23 pm

That is very exciting!!! Congratulations

ManyBlessings
on 9/12/16 12:40 pm - Clermont, FL

Woo-hoo!! Size 12... super exciting! Can hardly wait till that's me! Congratulations on all of your hard work.

It's not just the WEIGHT you LOSE, it's the LIFE you GAIN

RNY, Mar.2005Dr. Muhammed Jawad - Orlando, FL | S.W. 420 lb. - G.W. 160 lb.