Found out some news today....but not surprised

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/8/16 8:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Not to mention the people who can eat an entire pizza (former self included) and claim that they're actually in completely fine health.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/9/16 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I was in extremely fine health and very athletic for a 475 pounder.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/8/16 7:53 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yeah, this is scary, but you know what's great? You're going to get help for it, and you'll feel SO much better!

I freaked out in a similar way when I did my sleep study and got the news. Getting used to the CPAP was really hard for the first few weeks. But holy crap, I felt so much better once I started using it! I didn't get dizzy during the day, I actually had some energy, and my blood pressure got a bit better too.

So yeah, it's freaky, and the sleep study is a pain-- good luck sleeping hooked up to all those machines, LOL-- but I think it should be a good thing in the long term.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/8/16 10:37 am

Because I am a total dork, I stood in front of the mirror with all the wires attached and said, 'Luke, I am your father' when I went for my study.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Deanna798
on 9/8/16 10:49 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I use the word Dork as a compliment, and you are a dork! 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/8/16 11:03 am

We shall unite, and do our awesome dork dance.

Image result for dork dance meme

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

The Salty Hag
on 9/8/16 10:56 am
RNY on 05/20/13

This would be me as well. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

dagosson
on 9/8/16 1:30 pm

My hubby and I did our sleep studies at home. And yes we were 'wired for sound' lol. My hubby even took a picture of himself (def a dork, it's even his user name on steam) 

no surprise, we both have sleep apnea and have matching his-and-hers CPAP machines.

oddly, I have been snoring since I was little and I didn't get overweight (and then SMO****il after my second child was born. Before that I was skinny, really skinny, and still snored like a trucker according to my mom. So I'm not thinking I'm getting rid of my machine any time soon. 

RNY 9/28/16 at Highland Hospital with Dr O'Malley

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 9/8/16 1:25 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

FWIW, when I did my study with the machine (the 2nd one), it was the best 30 minutes of sleep I ever got. Took forever to fall asleep, but once I did I felt great after.

Would have used my machine if it wasnt for the allergens that got packed up inside it.

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

mute
on 9/8/16 11:27 am
RNY on 03/23/15

It is scary but totally worth knowing and so helpful going forward. I would say that the reason the percentage of people who get diagnosed with sleep apnea is so high is pretty um, obvious - people who get sleep studies have obvious sleep issues and sleep issues are almost always linked to sleep apnea. I was dx with it about 2 years before my surgery and yeah the machine is super annoying at first because it's a machine. But I figured things out and got a mask I was able to live/sleep with and slept better than ever before.

But then I lost the weight from the surgery and the apnea resolved itself. YAY!

The machine I had did have one of those chips which was super interesting because I got to put it in my computer and look at the data myself. I didn't even have to wait for an apt to have them analyze it. That was pretty awesome to see exactly in black and white what my issues were.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds