List of NSVs before and after surgery

Insert Fitness
on 9/2/16 6:49 am

Morning everyone! I am hoping to put together a list to look back on as a way of gauging my progress that doesn't involve the numbers on the scale, or photos.

things like my heart rate after climbing x steps, or how many jump ropes I can do in a row without stopping.

what else would be a good addition? Something you realize you can do, that's higher, faster, stronger?(I'm still having Olympic withdrawals)

i think it would be a fun to have and also helpful when the scale slows or freezes.

Gwen M.
on 9/2/16 7:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

My entire life is one big NSV.  

I never would have gone back to college/figured out what I wanted to do with my life without the weight loss.  

Every fitness class, every mile I run.. these are all NSVs.  

Being able to be my dad's caregiver during his cancer battle, helping my mom get her house sold, packed up, and getting her moved after my dad's death.. all NSVs.  

No seatbelt extender on flights!

Going to climb zone and climbing up walls for 3 hours.  For fun!  

Camping and being comfortable.  

Using portapotties with ease.  

Being comfortable in any chair.  

Every moment of every day feels like an NSV to me :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Insert Fitness
on 9/2/16 8:11 am

Hella yes to all of this! 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/2/16 8:13 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I set mini goals for myself, rather than anything on the scale.

• Get off my blood pressure medicine

• Get off my CPAP

• Bike for 2 miles, then 5, 10, 20, and finally 40mi in the big city bike race

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

sheriberi29
on 9/2/16 8:33 am - Cleveland, TN

Crossing my legs, climbing into the slides and tire swings with my kids,  keeping up with my family when walking down to the beach, looking at a normal looking person in a reflection and realizing its me, pulling on pants and realizing they don't fit anymore, not feeling incredibly self conscience about eating in public for fear of what people are thinking . Climbing in to the pool with my family and not thinking the ladder might crack , climbing stairs to , and sitting down into amusement park rides. 

Banded 6/9/09 HW 242 LW 142 Revision 198 m 1 loss 16 lbs 182. M 2 loss 4 lbs 178. M3 loss 6 lbs 174.m4 loss 4 lbs 168. M5 gain 2 lbs 170. M6 loss 7 lbs 163 M7 loss 5 lbs 159 M8 loss 1 lb 158 M9 loss 0 M10 155 loss 3 M11 154 loss 1 M12 loss 2 152 M13 loss 3 149 M16, 17 0 loss M 18 loss 4 lbs 145 (18 months 53 lbs)

AngryViking
on 9/2/16 10:39 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Oh, the one about eating in public really resonates with me!

Neesie57
on 9/2/16 7:33 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Wow, this is such a good idea!  You will have so many more than you ever thought possible. For me, it's been the best roller coaster ride I've ever been on, and the NSV's are too many to count anymore.

• Crossing my legs without using my hands to get my leg up 
  • Tying my shoes without feeling like I'm drowning
  • Going off all meds, including blood pressure and pain meds for back and knee pain
  • Hiking with my husband and friends, up to 10 miles at a time, with lots of uphill climbs.  Never would have happened before my surgery
  • I LOVE going to the doctor how, so they can weigh me.  I never thought that would happen
  • Eating out with friends is easier now, because I don't feel like anyone is watching me
  • I look better and feel better
  • I LOVE shopping for clothes
  • I'm proud of how I've changed my life
  • My husband is so proud of how I've changed my life
  • My resting heart rate has gone from 85 to 67 
  • I no longer stress over meeting new people or seeing old friends I haven't seen for years

There are so many, I can't even think of all of them.  My life is not just healthier, it's a lot more fun!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Jevelynne
on 9/2/16 10:23 pm
VSG on 10/26/15

I have had a very large number of NSV that I have just had AH HA moments that make me realize them. Some examples are:

• When my thighs didn't touch anymore
  • When I would go down pant or shirt sizes
  • When I would lose inches
  • When the collar bones started to "pop"
  • When I didn't have to read the weight limit on a "bag chair"
  • When I finally weighted the same weight and finally less than my husband!  (yes still weight, but... kinda different)
  • When I could fit into a Victoria Secret bra! LOL
  • Not having to buy in the plus size section.
  • Fitting in to the tub and not having my butt or thighs stop all the water behind me.... Most, if not all of you, know what I mean!!! LOL
  • Fitting in to one of my mom's shirts... (the only one I had of hers since she's passed, and it FITS and is too big now even!)

And so many more, but you will keep having lots of them!  Keep working and have fun!

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170

chassibi
on 9/5/16 2:39 pm

YES to the tub! 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

chassibi
on 9/5/16 2:45 pm

More energy. 

Fitting in smaller clothes, out of plus sizes into regular

shaving my legs in the shower (can reach now)

not coughing all the time (had some reactive airway that was weight influenced )

being on top for sex (sorry, tmi!)

my kids noticing the difference

being able to share meals when out

wanting to walk for "fun"

riding a roller coaster again

buying a bikini last week, which I may never wear in public mind you, but it isn't hideous 

less knee and back pain, virtually no arthritis flares in neck and shoulders 

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150