Complete weight loss stall at 6-7 months????

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/29/16 12:14 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I don't think people are saying that carbs are evil. Remember carbs are quick energy for the body & as long as you eat enough carbs your body will process that for energy rather than work at converting your fat stores into energy. Refined carbs like the kind from candy & cake, yeah those are evil. LOL 

I think its really a balancing act & people have to find the right numbers for them & change it up every now & then as time goes on. Some people do ok with some carbs like from veggies. It gets a little trickier when its from fruit & potatoes & still lose weight/maintain. Most still have to keep those kind of carbs on the low side to maintain.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

tofattoday
on 8/30/16 7:06 am

It is so nice to know that I am not alone.  I am also out 7 months but around the 5 1/2 month to the end of the 6th month I did not lose a pound, at all.  It was very discouraging and I could not understand why this was happening.  Well now I am in my 7th month and the scale is finally moving, Yaeh.  I don't know why this happens but I am in different groups and it seems pretty common.  Please don't give up the scale will move again I promise.

jamrodriguez
on 8/30/16 11:21 pm

CMR, what you're experiencing is pretty common. After my sleeve I lost about 90 lbs in the first 6 months. I had a steady pace going and then all of a sudden around month 7 everything slowed to a crawl. I was doing all the same things but I was only losing about 5 lbs a month, which was frustrating already. Then around month 10 post op I hit a wall hard. I had lost about 130 lbs total (including pre-op loss) and my BMI was down to the low 30s. But I wasn't losing a single lb. For two months, nothing. Finally I got so frustrated and depressed about it I went off the wagon and ate around my sleeve a day gave in to sweets and really all the worst things I could do, I did. In 3 weeks I gained back 10 lbs. About a math ago I got back on track and I've gotten off the regain plus a few lbs. I'm losing again, but I've had to put the scale in the closet and not count on it for validation anymore. I have to life my life the right way no matter what and trust that my body will know what to do. 

The reality is that the closer you get to your goal weight and a healthy BMI, the less calories your body will burn each day. Your weight loss will slow and sometimes you will experience long stalls. It's a part of the process. Trust me... put the scale away for a few weeks. Listen to your body and do everything you know you need to be doing. The weight will come off. Be patient with the process.

Try to instead focus on othere goals... challenge yourself to try a new kind of exercise, sign up for a 5k, download a 30-day pushup challenge app, etc.! Push the limits of what your new body can do! Whenever I shift my focus from the number on the scale to something I can experience and celebrate in real time, I feel rejuvenated and it keeps me much more motivated.

I also concur with the poster who mentioned more weight training. The more muscle you have, the more calories your body burns at rest. I would highly recommend paying for a session with a trainer to have them teach you how to lift properly at high weights. Or try something that uses weight and cardiovascular together, like kickboxing or crossfit. The human body is an expert at adapting, so anytime you change up your routine you're going to kick your metabolism into gear. 

You will see the end of this stall. Just keep on program and keep doing you!

CMR1075
on 8/31/16 5:33 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Thank you for your post jamrodriguez :)  I had my post op appointment finally yesterday and was told basically the same from the nurse practitioner. She too had the surgery and was able to relate with me about the stall and said what everyone said - stop weighing daily. It's just a bad habit I have from way before the surgery and I guess I will have to have my hubby hide the scale so I can't get on it. She did suggest to measure myself since I hadn't done it from the beginning and monitor that progress instead since I am going to the gym now 4-5 times a week, my body could be changing in a way I don't realize - just not weight wise like I am used to seeing. I like your idea of a challenge. I was actually thinking of challenging myself to a spin class. I wanted to go last week and chickened out because no one would go with me and I was a bit intimidated to go by myself (I need a gym buddy). She also asked me what my goal weight was and I told her I'd like to be 130, she suggested I shoot for 150 cause it's more realistic   I didn't think 130 was too unrealistic but I'll take 150...and then shoot for 130 lol.