Where is our old friend Gary V?

zann50
on 8/29/16 5:11 pm
On August 28, 2016 at 9:06 PM Pacific Time, Grrl26 wrote:

There are many members here longtime or not slightly cantankerous or perhaps troubled possibly because of longtime painful health issues who have been mysteriously  and very unfortunately for the website and the Oh community " disappeared " over the last few years of active moderation.

Some have posted about issues with alcohol or prescription med abuse post op. Some posted repeated frustrated posts about chronic life threatening health problems most likely related or aggravated by their bariatric surgery. 

To me it seems such members posts aren't wanted here where the paying customers are bariatric surgeons. 

Do these members actually choose to deactivate? Or is it rather permanent censorship and silencing with no recourse ? 

Does this policy benefit the Oh community and if we don't believe so what should we do about it ? 

Way too  many of my controversial interesting thought provoking friends are missing from Oh. 

personally, IMO we are devoting way to much attention to this deactivated member....he still lurks and I am certain he is delighted in the bantering that exists...let's move on.  Wheather you choose to continue with this site, or move on...we have all said enough.

Pokemom
on 8/31/16 1:54 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Very sorry for my role in starting all this!  More wise next time.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/31/16 11:45 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you read the site's ToS, it says that any ban must be decided by a committee of OH staff members.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

NHPOD9
on 8/31/16 1:31 pm

This is one of the most amusing conspiracy theories I've ever read. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

roxytrim
on 8/28/16 3:52 pm - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

hmmmmm...that is an interesting comment....

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/16 5:53 pm

That stipulation that OH try to shut up people who deal with issues post op WLS is ridiculous. 

I am one of those people who has been dealing with long term isdues after RNY ( either RNY caused it or made it worse) and I never felt unwelcomed here on OH.

Some members may not be nice to me - but I know how to ignore such things oninternet or block most annoying people.  Difference of opinion is very important.  

Even when I get a response that I may not like - it helps me grew and find new ways... Not all help is shown by roses.. Sometimes we need a good kick in a butt to realize WE need to change our behavior and attitude to get where we want to be.  

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SKmammabear
on 8/28/16 6:43 pm, edited 8/28/16 11:43 am

I had seen Gary around town a couple of times and last time we talked he was frustrated with losing too much weight.  He seemed a little more down in the dumps than when he first started his journey.  Not sure personally what's going on with him.  These are just my opinions.  I feel a little bad because I'm the one that introduced him to this group when I found out he was getting surgery.  

lking
on 8/29/16 7:55 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

SKmammabear, please check your OH pm.

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.