Where is our old friend Gary V?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/27/16 4:57 pm

You must have missed his delightful post in which he blasted quite a few of us with no provocation. As Julie said, he's buzzing on FB sending friend requests.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Pokemom
on 8/27/16 5:25 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thanks

Pokemom
on 8/27/16 5:21 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Thank you.  I am sorry if I seemed to be gossiping.  I was really just asking, because Gary had been encouraging to me, too, and I could see on my "friend" list that he had deactivated.  I can see that my post, by inviting comments, could seem like I meant to gossip, and I am sorry for how this may have come across, and if it was offensive to anyone. 

That said, I do appreciate all the comments.  They gave me a good sense of what happened, and I do feel that in spite of the different opinions, all were honest with the intent to be tactful and respectful as much as possible while stating opinion.

Thanks everyone. 

hollykim
on 8/27/16 7:56 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 27, 2016 at 11:34 PM Pacific Time, lking wrote:

Please don't speak badly, or participate in assumptions or idle gossip about Gary.  As an OH member Gary was always complimentry and full of encouragement to everyone.  He didn't/doesn't have a mean word to say to, or about, anyone.  Gary was the very first friend I had on OH.  I hope he is successful with everything he does and encounters in life.  I hope to see him again on OH.  I will always consider Gary my friend.

no, he wasn't.

Deanna798
on 8/28/16 4:30 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Unfortunately,  you may have missed a few of his posts early out.  He was rude and judgemental to a few new members,  and when i pointed it out to him,  he got very defensive and rude.  He blocked me for disagreeing with him. I wasn't rude or mean to him.  I considered him my friend as well. 

It is true that he has a hard time taking any forms of criticism.  

I know he's been struggling lately,  and i sincerely hope he works things out.  

As for your request that others not discuss the situation,  that's a little presumptive.  You can defend him if you like,  but others have had a much different experience with him.

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Pokemom
on 8/28/16 11:59 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Thanks Deanna

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/2/16 1:07 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On August 27, 2016 at 11:34 PM Pacific Time, lking wrote:

Please don't speak badly, or participate in assumptions or idle gossip about Gary.  As an OH member Gary was always complimentry and full of encouragement to everyone.  He didn't/doesn't have a mean word to say to, or about, anyone.  Gary was the very first friend I had on OH.  I hope he is successful with everything he does and encounters in life.  I hope to see him again on OH.  I will always consider Gary my friend.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

lking
on 8/27/16 4:35 pm - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/16 2:06 pm

There are many members here longtime or not slightly cantankerous or perhaps troubled possibly because of longtime painful health issues who have been mysteriously  and very unfortunately for the website and the Oh community " disappeared " over the last few years of active moderation.

Some have posted about issues with alcohol or prescription med abuse post op. Some posted repeated frustrated posts about chronic life threatening health problems most likely related or aggravated by their bariatric surgery. 

To me it seems such members posts aren't wanted here where the paying customers are bariatric surgeons. 

Do these members actually choose to deactivate? Or is it rather permanent censorship and silencing with no recourse ? 

Does this policy benefit the Oh community and if we don't believe so what should we do about it ? 

Way too  many of my controversial interesting thought provoking friends are missing from Oh. 

lking
on 8/28/16 4:46 pm, edited 8/28/16 9:51 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 12/04/15

Interesting thought!  Kathy S and Nik_H, what say you?

67 yrs old, 4'10", BMI 31.8 (51.8 at start), HW 256.4 (8/4/15), SW 217.4, CW 152.8 (4/30/18), GW 125.0, RNY 12/4/15 Dr. RoseMarie Jones, Breast Cancer DX 2/16, Bi-lateral mastectomy 8/9/16.