Scrambled eggs

Kudzu
on 8/24/16 2:07 pm
VSG on 07/28/16

(Same amount of carbs meaning 40 or less)

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/16 9:20 pm

Thank you for the information. That is exactly the information I was needing. Congrats on your sleeve!

Donna L.
on 8/24/16 5:12 pm, edited 8/24/16 10:14 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I was told to not eat more than 3-4 ounces by volume during my pureed period per meal.  Two eggs is two ounces by volume.  1/4c of beans is also 2 ounces.  Then you have calories to consider.  A better choice than means might be greek yogurt, plain or sugar-free, cottage cheese, pureed chicken or beef stews or soups without starch, etc.  Baked ricotta is another great choice.  Greek yogurt though will give you way more protein than two eggs.  

I bought 5 ounce teeny bowls and drew a sharpie line on the outside where 4 ounces was (by volume) and then would eat that, or eat no more than fit in a 1/2 cup measure.  You can also find 4 ounce rammekins pretty easy. I would then log the food, even oils used to cook the food, in MFP.   I can eat between 700-800 calories daily right now.

Were you given any handouts pre-op?  I have so many I'm drowning in them even a year later, with meal plan samples, post-op guidelines into maintenance, and stuff.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/16 9:26 pm

I was given a pamphlet on how much protein was in many foods. That's all. The nutritional classes talked about how to read labels but nothing relating to right after surgery and food choices on the different phases. Thank u for the info. 

Neesie57
on 8/26/16 5:12 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Each egg weighs about 2 ounces, not 1.  Two would be too much for a newly sleeved tummy.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Donna L.
on 8/26/16 6:18 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Ohhh, my eggs I used were medium.  They weigh in at 1 liquid ounce.  I forgot about egg sizes!  You are absolutely right; it's about 5 large eggs to 1 cup volume wise.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

ttfan
on 8/25/16 2:05 am
RNY on 08/15/16

my question is why do you eat only eggs?  I only ask because I had By Pass 10 days ago and I haven't gotten to pureed foods yet, and I am wondering what I can eat then.  I hope it is more than eggs! I like them ok but they aren't my favorite..lol

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Teena D.
on 8/25/16 5:33 am, edited 8/24/16 10:33 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Did you get a book from your centre? I hada nutrition class where they gave us a binder with all the foods that we can eat at this stage. I also had to do an assignment and hand it in at my dietitian appointment yesterday to make sure that I understood all the foods. If you didn't get one, the centre I am with has there's online- you might find it helpful.  But you should ALWAYS follow the advice of your own surgeon first.

Eating For Health After Gastric Bypass Surgery

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/16 10:50 pm

That is awesome. Thank u. I will definitely check it out. My nutritionist, as nice as she was, only gave me a pamphlet of high protein foods. Not much help in the pureed stage.

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/16 10:56 pm