BBQ

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 8/23/16 1:36 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I have, its great. There are some good bbq sauce options that are low on sugar. Just check them at the store.

I've done ribs a few times in the pressure cooker. With the amount of sauce that goes on, plus how little I can eat, I havent stressed the sauce. 

You got my mouth waterin for some pulled pork now! :P

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/16 1:52 pm, edited 8/23/16 6:53 am - CA

BBQ is high in fat since it is a fatty piece of meat that they use when smoking it   And, most places use BBQ sauce that contains sugar, so you might want to steer clear of this unless you can control the type of BBQ Sauce (no sugar added or low sugar) and the meat, because with the RNY you will dump on it.    

The Salty Hag
on 8/23/16 2:40 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

I didn't think we "dumped" on fat. Hmmm. 

I know some people do get sick from eating too much fat, but I thought it was only "dumping" if it's sugar or simple carbs-since those foods "dump" sugar into our systems too quickly, but it's not technically dumping with fat. 

FWIW, I don't get sick from fatty meats, but I do limit them regardless. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 8/23/16 3:24 pm, edited 8/23/16 8:25 am - CA

Audrey, we do dump on fat.      I am very sensitive to fat content and will dump and it is almost as bad as a sugar dump.   A lot of people experience this, but don't always realize it is the fat content that brought it on.   

Early Dumping Syndrome occurs within 30 minutes of eating a meal. In addition to eating foods high in fat, carbohydrates or sugar, it can also be brought on by eating foods that are too cold or too hot or by drinking liquids during your meal.  

The Salty Hag
on 8/23/16 2:34 pm, edited 8/23/16 7:34 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Like the others have stated, it depends on if it's sauced with a sugar-loaded sauce or not although I did get pulled pork from a restaurant without sauce and it had a cloyingly sweet taste to it. I'm sure it had a lot of sugar in it. 

When I was still pretty early out, I once bought pulled pork that was already pre-sauced ( it was the Jack Daniels kind in the meat section ) and didn't look at the label when I bought it. I pulled it out to heat it up then noticed it had 18 grams of sugar per serving. 18!!! Needless to say, I didn't eat any. 

I think the best bet is to make it yourself with no sauce or make a no sugar added sauce. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

jenorama
on 8/23/16 3:45 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

We'll get smoked BBQ meat from Dickey's out here.  Usually brisket and chicken cut into slices.  It's smoked, so there is no sauce on it, but I'm not sure if the brisket has a rub.  It's nice to have on hand when you don't feel like cooking.  We'll also do a rotisserie chicken from Costco or the supemarket and we  can get several meals out of it.  :D

Jen

Jevelynne
on 8/28/16 9:31 pm
VSG on 10/26/15

I do lean cuts of beef or pork and throw them in the pressure cooker and let them go until they fall apart.  I season it before cooking with garlic, onion, paprika, and pepper.  After cooking you can add a sauce if desired or use it for multiple meals and make tacos, etc out of it.  I eat it plain first night and then do taco type meals for leftovers.

HW: 299   SW: 277.2   VSG: 10-26-2015  Dr. Brian Gluck
Dr Goal Weight : 182.5 Hit Dr Goal 7-23-16
New Goal Weight: 170