Post Op - Need friends

j3j3real
on 8/20/16 6:19 am
VSG on 08/19/16

I am on day two post op and I must say this pain is very real! The yas pains are ridiculous. Every time I sip on water it feels like I'm swallowing past a burp but was told I needed to sip water or protein drink every 15 min. Had a headache but drinking the new atkins clear protein drink. I know im hydrated because I'm in the bathroom every 30 min it seems. Oh and getting out of bed is the worse. People at the hospital was like oh you have all these tattoos you can get thru this um yeah not the same kind of pain. But I am following dr orders sip sip sip & walk walk walk. Oh and liquid hydrocodone is nasty. Taste like nyquil. Just trying to stay positive and know that this too shall pass. 

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/20/16 6:57 am, edited 8/19/16 11:57 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I took liquid percaset - oxy mixed with tylenol and just plain liq tylenol and they taste as you describe.  Just plain OXY did not have that cough syrup taste. 

Are you taking just the Hydrcodon or is it mixed with tylenol?  I would like to know for future. 

In another few days you will be out of the worst of the post-op recovery and the anesthesia willl be leaving your system.  I felt like I did 1000 situps - every move hurt my stomach muscles and you might still have some gas from the surgery(you are walking to get that out).  In case it heps to know why - the abodominal muscles hurt because they were stretched when they were manaevered during lap surgery.  Still, much better than an open surgery.

Thanks

Sharon

j3j3real
on 8/20/16 7:35 am
VSG on 08/19/16

Im taking hydrocodone w/ acetamin. All this medication is for the birds. 

But everything is moving along quite nicely though.

Jeanna

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/20/16 8:26 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

acetamin/Acetamin is tylenol - that is what makes it taste so bad. 

Glad you're coming along.

Sharon

Scanales1
on 8/20/16 7:15 pm
VSG on 07/26/16 with

Congrats! I'm 3 weeks post op and was exactly the same way as you. My pain was aweful, I felt like a baby, almost in tears, didn't understand how I able to endure 3 natural deliveries but not this. Take your meds, don't think about the taste. You will feel better in a few more days, you are almost there! 

Kelly L.
on 8/20/16 10:15 am

Hi, congrats on being sleeved, and welcome to the losers bench!   It will get easier everyday!! 

Starry Eyed
on 8/21/16 4:54 am
VSG on 04/20/16

Congrats on your surgery!  The gas was something that seemed to take forever to work its way out for me, but try to walk as much as you can (at one point I was walking laps around my dining table!).  For the first week or so I slept on the couch sitting up and surrounded by pillows.  Try rolling your body and using your arms to pull you up when you go to stand up rather than the "sit up" motion.  Good luck on your recovery and keep us updated as you progress!

High Weight: 307 Start Weight: 297 (11/5/15) Surgery Weight: 278 (4/20/16) Pre-Op: (-19) M1: (-24) M2: (-8) M3: (-10) M4: (-9) M5: (-7) M6: (-6) M7: (-7) M8: (-5) M9: (-4) M10: (-3) M11: (-5) CW: 185

"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."