Newbie - Dumping Syndrome how often do you get this?

bandgirl
on 8/19/16 10:11 am

I'm doing my research and I see many have the Dumping Syndrome.  I'm wondering how often it happens in the beginning and when does it get better?  What are the best ways to avoid Dumping Syndrome? 

bandgirl
on 8/19/16 10:13 am

Looks like I need to change my name from Bandgirl to Band that didn't work had to have removed approved for sleevegirl LOL

ebonymc
on 8/19/16 7:22 pm

sounds like we both could share that same name change...LOL

White Dove
on 8/19/16 10:36 am - Warren, OH

About 30% of RNY post-ops get dumping when they eat large amounts of sugar on an empty stomach.  It is not a problem with the sleeve.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

bandgirl
on 8/19/16 1:40 pm

Thank you for all the great information I get from you. 

Neesie57
on 8/21/16 7:10 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

No dumping syndrome, but if you eat too much, you may have the foamies.  I've only had them a couple of times and they are very unpleasant.  It's not as bad as dumping, but your mouth can fill with foam and saliva, and you may throw up.  Overeating is unpleasant, because a full sleeve feels a little different than a full unsleeved stomach. You'll get to the point where you know when to stop, and how long it will take to feel better.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/19/16 10:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Only about a third of RNY patients dump. VSG'ers don't. It happens when you eat some foods like refined sugars and they move through your pouch too quickly.

Dumping doesn't "get better," so to speak. It's seen as a POSITIVE thing that prevents you from eating sweets or other things you shouldn't.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

bandgirl
on 8/19/16 1:41 pm

This info really makes me want the sleeve more over the RNY.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/19/16 1:43 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Just remember that even with a sleeve, refined sugar is No Bueno.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

bandgirl
on 8/19/16 3:45 pm

Can you do the sugar free candies and sugar free jellos ice cream those type of things?