I'M 4 DAYS POST OP & EVERYTIME I SLEEP I DREAM ABOUT FOOD!

waiata
on 8/18/16 7:43 pm, edited 8/18/16 7:44 pm
VSG on 08/16/16

I just don't know what this is about???

I have dreamed about eating KFC with gravy and Bread with thick layers of butter and Pork! I have just woken from another sleep and I was dreaming about cakes, chocolate with cream and malt biscuits that turned into thick moist cakes!.

I'm sorry if describing this food is not helping but does anyone else dream like this too? 

I've never dreamed about food in my sleep before and its driving me crazy! I can literally taste the food in my sleep!!!

Kelly L.
on 8/18/16 7:48 pm

That's odd, I haven't experienced this at all.   As long as you don't indulge in these foods from your dreams, you are ok ;)

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 8/18/16 10:03 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

It's the anesthesia working its way out of your system.  My dream was so real I woke up so upset and afraid that I ruined my surgery.  I think it will pass. 

Hang in there

Sharon

Deanna798
on 8/19/16 4:34 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I've had dreams like this post surgery.  Once I woke up thinking about candy that I had in the house for my kids.  I got up and went and dumped it in the trash.  After a year, I've realized that my problem with food is not physical at all, it's all in my head.

Your dream sounds delicious!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/19/16 6:30 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I dreamed about Cheetos every night for the first week post-op!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Pams-A-Changing
on 8/20/16 10:22 am
VSG on 08/17/16

I am 3 days post-op for the sleeve and my dreams have been so real and interactive that I wake myself up in the middle of a dream conversation or reaching out my hand to to take something.   My first dream doing this was about a hamburger, and I remember taking off the buns and being happy that I could eat the meat, cheese and tomato.  I woke up with my mouth poised to take a bite!   It made me and my husband laugh!    I feel it is the effects of the anesthesia and pain pills that are still working their way out of my system.  

HW  326

SW  310

CW  252

Tristalyn
on 8/20/16 2:29 pm
VSG on 03/24/17

I can relate on a different level. When I quit smoking I kept dreaming about cigarettes and smoking in my dream. I imagine I'll be much the same way about food if and when I finally have my surgery. I know with my dreams they finally went away.. I'm over a year and a half smoke free now and it's very rare to have those dreams. So they will subside. It's hard because you want it on a subconscious level. You're used to being able to have it, what you want when you want and now you can't, so it makes sense to dream about it. I hope they stop torturing you soon!

Vicki PNW
on 8/22/16 8:19 pm

I don't remember dreaming about food before or after my DS surgery.

The night before my non-WLS surgery three months ago, I had several dreams about eating before my operation.  One dream had me selecting food from a smorgasbord and then eating it; another had me eating chuck steak but spitting the expensive morsel out when I realized that it should not have been eaten so close to my operation.

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.