It's the little things

seattledeb
on 8/18/16 3:02 pm

No matter what I weigh, I wear clothes that fit me today.

I am lucky that I have a friend that owns a consignment store from size 14 and up. It's made me spoiled. I buy nice clothes cheap. If they don't work they go away. 

I'll bet you knocked them dead this week.

peachpie
on 8/18/16 3:05 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

A little thing that happened to me recently is one of my employees came to me for fashion advice for an event she was attending. She came to me and said since I'm so "chic". Say what?? I'm what??  Hell I just had to google how to spell that-- when did I become chic?? 

My other little thing is being able to run into CVS, Walgreens etc and but a pair of pantyhose off the shelf. No more schleping all the way to the big girl stores For that, or other simple accessories; like a belt. 

Also my hangers are smaller--they used to touch the back wall of my closet sadly I have so many empty hangers waiting to be filled. 

Make up is a deep-love/hobby of mine. I get so many compliment on my make-up. I'm toying with taking a class and being a part-time make up artist. I wear make-up every day to work, but mostly don't on weekends. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

mute
on 8/18/16 3:28 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Oh that's a good one. I bought a belt and that was an amazing thing when that happened.

I've got the same hanger situation going on in my closet right now too.

Your makeup is ON POINT and you'd be amazing at that.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/19/16 5:00 am

I live in the south..I am over 50 and ..I can rock my "funky- fun" clothes..like my pallazo pants.. They look fun and are  comfortable ..and I either gets looks from some people like "I can't believe she wears THAT" or I get "I LOVE you pants" comments...lol.. From strangers.  Getting unsolicited help in HD or Lowes does not hurt either... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/19/16 5:02 am

O...and I just renewed my DL - I put my real current weight on the application and my picture on DL looks great. I like my new DL... (my old one looked good also) 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

mute
on 8/19/16 5:08 am
RNY on 03/23/15

Oh that's a good one! I got my license renewed at my heaviest and the weight on there still lists 100 pounds lighter than I was. I can't wait to get a new one but that's still 2 years away!