Antidepressants

tesselyn
on 8/14/16 6:27 am

I was change to Cymbalta from Prozac.

Just wondering what anyone and everyone is taking. And if it helps. I still cry a lot. I did on Prozac too.

I was changed because my Anxiety is really BAD!

If you want to share.

Thanks

my momma called me junebug

Lodie
on 8/14/16 8:10 am
VSG on 10/15/14

I'm sorry you are struggling.  I am a nurse and work in psych. i know that making a medication change can be tough. Unfortunately the new medication does not work overnight. When you are feeling depressed and anxious it is hard to be patient and hard to be optimistic enough to look for small improvements. Cymbalta is a good med. and hopefully will give you good results. It is trial and error with meds because  everyone is very unique in how their body and mind responds. I have a couple of apps that I tell folks about that may give you some tools to work on your anxiety. They are free. Omvana and Virtual Hope Box. It will help if you make a point to practice some of this type of relaxation and stress relief daily. The more you do , the better you get at it! Best of luck, you are in my thoughts.

HW=263  SW=253 CW=160 GW=140

Amy R.
on 8/14/16 8:11 am

I was on Prozac and Wellbutrin right out the gate post-op.  But one (or  both - they never figured it out) contributed to a bad cardiac event, complete with intubation and respirator and crash carts etc.

So now I'm on Cymbalta and have been for almost six years.  It works for me, but I take other stuff at night too.  Seraquel (sp?), Trazadone, Serax.  Because I really am that crazy, lol.

Good luck finding what works for you!

Laura in Texas
on 8/14/16 9:21 am

What surgery did you have? How long ago was your surgery?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

acbbrown
on 8/14/16 12:08 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I take Effexor (an SNRI as opposed to an SSRI) and ability to manage my chronic depression and anxiety. I had to try 2-3 different meds and a couple combos to figure out what worked for me. I was on benzodiazepines like klonopin and Ativan for a good while too. But after dealing with major depression for 20+ years, the last year of my life has been the best in terms of depression and anxiety. It's taken a lot of therapy and takes a good 30 min of work per day to manage my mental health. The biggest things for me are learning to live in the present (and not the past or future) and learning to let things go and accept things i have no control over. If you want to chat more, feel free to send me a message. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Laura in Texas
on 8/14/16 1:49 pm

Looking at your old posts, you had DS in 2005. This might be helpful information for others reading this thread.

I do not have experience with antidepressants but I hope you get helpful information from others here who have gone through the same thing.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

DianaSleeve
on 8/15/16 3:42 pm
VSG on 05/25/16

I take Zoloft and have for years. It helped my Anxiety a ton.