Bad WLS Example, that is me

acbbrown
on 8/11/16 11:09 am - Granada Hills, CA

I'll just make a pitch for AA. I belong to OA which is a similar 12 step program. It uses the AA literature and program. While I'm trying to control a food addiction, it has indirectly affected my drinking habits. I was doing a lot of it but now have cut back to a beer or two a couple nights a week. What changed was that 12 step programs help you live a life where you don't need what ever substance you are troubled by. My life has changed so much in areas that aren't connected to my food and I'm beyond grateful for the changes. 

I struggle with having to participate in a spiritual program but after a year I am coming to terms with it. Anything is better than the life I was living before. 

If you know you cannot control your drinking, you need to get help. If you think you can, give it a shot but AA is always there. 

Please PM me if you ever want to chat. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/16 11:17 am

I really like what you said.Anything is better than the life I was living before.

Life is better

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/11/16 11:59 am

I like wine. Or mix drinks. Once in awhile is probably fine for most people. Not for me.  

At one time I drank too much post op RNY.I drank to deal with gut pain.  then I drank because i could eat if i had wine. or because it made me feel good. Or because it relaxed me... I was drinking too much. I put on 30 lbs... I was not eating a lot... so I thought.   

I cut some calories and ..I could not lose weight... so I did some research and i found out that alcohol may prevent - block fat burning. it burns alcohol first - then sugar and I woudl crash - and i had to eat more carbs (craved them) to prevent more crashes...  

I decide to give up drinking every day - very often and only had it on weekends or special occasion - like going out with friends, etc. 

that helped me lose 15 lbs... the rest - was just hanging on...

Late last year i got some new issues and alcohol - any - made it unbearable- so I decided to quit it all together - until I can resolve what is going on... in 6 months I dropped the last 10 lbs of my regain - 10 lbs without really working on it any harder that I was before that.  

if i don't drink _ i eat less food. I also stay full longer...so I don't snack.  I sleep better ...my lab work is great... and i am back into my size 6 (from 8's) .

Now I still don't drink...and since I no longer want to lose anymore weight - I had to add more food to my plan... that is challenging...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/16 12:07 pm

Since I stopped drinking I sleep through the night. I haven't done that in years. Also my anti-depressants work now. I am not washing them away with wine. 

seattledeb
on 8/11/16 6:00 pm

carbs=4 calories/gm

protein=4 calories/gm

fat=9 calories/gm

alcohol =7calories/gm. Almost as much as fat.