Update on WLS stuff

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 9:26 am

Two of the big things for me have been, I only drink water. No liquid calories after month 3. I went to food for protein. And walking every day a bit longer than the previous day. 

Kelly L.
on 8/10/16 9:54 am

It sounds like y'all had a great time making memories!   Congrats, you look great!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 11:33 am

Thank you Kelly. It allows so much more motion now. And motion is the reason I did this in the first place.

And woven into the motion, memories memories memories.

bruindiva92
on 8/10/16 5:24 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Gary,

You slayed it!  You have done an outstanding job and I love the pics of you with your son!  Such an inspiration....

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 7:38 pm

Hey Bruindiva! I hope all is well in your world.

bruindiva92
on 8/11/16 8:15 am
Revision on 03/29/17

Gary,

I am doing well in sunny Southern Cal.  I'm into maintenance and trying to find my balance for year 2--

Take care--you look fantastic!

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/16 8:12 pm

Wow Gary, congratulations on your weight loss!!!  It appears this really has been life changing for you and you are enjoying your life to the fullest with your family.

Did you have any complications after surgery?  

Is there anything you miss or regret with the surgery?  

Havent had surgery yet.  Wanted the sleeve, but might not be able to because of my hiatus hernia, I am told.  

Thanks. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/16 8:24 am

Hello Porridge,

I had a few bumps along the way. My body needed the time to adjust to what it went through. I threw up for a few weeks after. I felt weak for a while too.

At 11 months in, I feel much better walking 5 miles a day, than I felt sitting on my butt when I was big. It hurt more to just sit down.

I regret that I got to the point of needing it. I do not regret doing it. It has been tough, but worth it.

Good Luck.

LeapSecond
on 8/11/16 4:15 am - AR

Looking good Gary,  and a fine looking son too.  Sounds like you had a great day of making memories.  

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/16 8:25 am

Hello friend.

I appreciate your words. Thank you.