General information on VSG surgery questions and answers.

lizzie202
on 8/23/16 11:22 am

I will speak with the surgeon today! Thanks for the information! Take care and God bless!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/10/16 8:08 am

Do you mean you undereat protein and overeat simple carbs? Lots of us did that. I mostly ate anything that wasn't nailed down.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

lizzie202
on 8/23/16 11:06 am

In the am I take my vitamins and have an unswettened applesauce, later I may have some chicken salad with wheat ritz crackers and later some grapes or strawberries with sugar free whip cream. I guess I'mnot getting enough protein.Thank you! I have my consult with my surgeon today for WLS! Feeling excited!!

Joshua H.
on 8/23/16 12:12 pm
VSG on 10/26/16
On August 10, 2016 at 3:08 PM Pacific Time, Oxford Comma Kate, Hag wrote:

Do you mean you undereat protein and overeat simple carbs? Lots of us did that. I mostly ate anything that wasn't nailed down.

I find that carrying a claw hammer around to pry up the nailed stuff can be helpful. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/10/16 10:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19

For general info/feedback, I recommend the book "weight loss surgery for dummies," it's an incredibly helpful introduction.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 8/10/16 1:19 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Under eat?  What's that?  

Seriously, we don't become morbidly obese because we under eat.  Have you ever tracked how many calories you eat in a day using an app like MyFitnessPal?  I think you might be surprised how much you're taking in.

Being honest with your bad eating behaviors is an important step in dealing with obesity.  Have you seen a therapist or attend support group meetings?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

lizzie202
on 8/23/16 11:02 am

Thank you for your input!

lizzie202
on 8/23/16 11:27 am

I have tracked my caloric intake. I have been to Weigh****chers, OverEaters Anonymous etc. I will take in account what you told me. Thank you for your input. Good points stated!

Thank you so much and God bless! Keep losing! I have my consult today with my surgeon!! Feeling excited!!!

lizzie202
on 8/23/16 11:46 am

Thanks for the input. I have tried MyFitnrssPal. I have an my consult for sugery eith my surgeon today. I will ask him. Thanks for your informatiom. Take care, continue your journey on losing weight and a God bless. I let you know what happens! Feeling excited!!!

lizzie202
on 8/23/16 11:50 am

Thanks for the input. I have tried MyFitnrssPal. I have an my consult for sugery eith my surgeon today. I will ask him. Thanks for your informatiom. Take care, continue your journey on losing weight and a God bless. I let you know what happens! Feeling excited!!!