Can someone tell me....

mute
on 8/9/16 10:33 am
RNY on 03/23/15

BAHAHA, the best is when it's unexpected like this one was. I literally snorted at work.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/8/16 2:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Yup, the name-changing happened after somebody flipped her **** after being called out on some poor thought patterns.

The thread in question

Part 1:

...Ignore these hags! You did what you had to do the same way I'm going to do what I have to do for me

it is unfair for them to expect someone to get to that extreme of unhealthy to intervene. I know they regret waiting that long and are taking that anger out on us

once upon a time they were 3 weeks postop shame on them

MY blog was intended for positive vibes and people like you who can relate...

Part 2:

What am to listen too exactly? What advice was given to me by the bullying vets? None!!

all was said was i shouldn't get the surgery unlike yall I'm not worthy

just because I don't need a crane to get out of bed I should be able to handle more attempts at dieting and workouts...

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

The Salty Hag
on 8/9/16 9:28 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Good times...gooood tiiiimes. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

mute
on 8/11/16 5:23 am
RNY on 03/23/15

I've never gotten to read that before. SUPER entertaining!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Teena D.
on 8/16/16 5:14 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

It was, wasn't it!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 8/8/16 6:52 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Very cool. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

k9ophile
on 8/10/16 12:47 pm

I usually don't click on such vague titles that don't give the slightest hint to what the thread may be about. But I'm sitting here taking a huge batch of supplements and like to be amused when I'm swallowing a bucket of pills. And amusing the original thread was.  Of course I initially was irritated by all the blanks, yet not enough to exit. Then there it was: I am an RN. How many people have come on here as a pre-op and tried to write off the vets by touting a medical background? Or the infamous "We're all here to learn and as women we should be building each other up?" Oofda.

However, I do take issue with all those who were chastising her about the crane comment. I was on a beach and tripped into some very soft sand. I was huge. My DH was unable to help as much as he tried. I noticed a crane across the road at a building site. OK, I do have a morbid, black, and sardonic sense of humor. And that damned crane looked like a good idea at the time. Add to that a couple of other times I had trouble getting off the ground and I had a good motivation for getting WLS.*

An ironic part of all of this, I did get healthy just about every where on my body except my damaged-beyond-physical therapy knee. After a total knee replacement, I dread having to get on my hands and knees. And I want a crane again.

*I also had OSA. hypertension, blah, blah, blah that contributed to my need for WLS. Those have all resolved. And obviously, I did get out of the sand pit, but it was a Herculean task. My sense of humor kept me from crying as I imagined how fun it might have felt to be soaring in the air at the end of a crane rather than stuck in the sand.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet