Just Beginning the Journey @ Maine General

Kc71
on 8/6/16 6:41 am

I am in the first stages of the process, I have my first appointment with a surgeon and nurse next week and have no idea what to expect. Has anyone had bariatric surgery at Maine General in Augusta? I would like to hear how your experience has been both positive or negative. How long was the whole process before actual surgery?  Thanks ahead of time for any advice.

Kim

ttfan
on 8/6/16 9:50 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Welcome!  I am having surgery on the 15th at CMMC in Lewiston, good luck to you! It took me 8 months to go through the program here, we have a great support group here that meets twice a month and we have had a few people that had there surgery in Augusta at our meetings

Kc71
on 8/6/16 11:52 am

Thank you for replying and congrats on your upcoming surgery! I am excited and scared but ready. Who do you have for insurance? I have BlueCross Blue shield, just wondered how they are to work with. I'm in Waterville.

ttfan
on 8/7/16 3:04 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On August 6, 2016 at 6:52 PM Pacific Time, Kc71 wrote:

Thank you for replying and congrats on your upcoming surgery! I am excited and scared but ready. Who do you have for insurance? I have BlueCross Blue shield, just wondered how they are to work with. I'm in Waterville.

I don't have Blue cross so I can't answer that, I have community options and they were awesome!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/16 12:08 pm - CA

There is a magnifying glass at the top of this page on the right, which you can enter what you want to locate on ObesityHelp and it will search the entire site.  I did the search for Maine General and this is what came up.   http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/?q=maine+general    You can go to some of the profiles of the poster and see if they did a review on the hospital or surgeons or speak specifically to their experience there.   Other than that, you can read the posts to see if it answers your questions.

I hope this is helpful! 

Kc71
on 8/6/16 12:30 pm

Yes! Thank you!!