Confused about yogurt

Tdheason
on 8/5/16 1:21 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

okay, I hear lite yogurt is okay but there is like 11 sugars in a serving. Isn't that too much?  I do not like Greek yogurt at all, too thick.  So is any lite yogurt okay to eat?

chassibi
on 8/5/16 1:38 pm

You need to eat yogurt with less than 4-5 grams of sugar. Triple zero yogurt is a good one but is Greek. It also has a lot of protein. Look for yogurt with high protein content and low sugar.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/16 2:42 pm

Can you post what the container of Triple Zero looks like? Not sure we have it in Canada. Who makes it? 

The Salty Hag
on 8/6/16 7:19 am
RNY on 05/20/13

It's from Dannon. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

White Dove
on 8/5/16 1:39 pm - Warren, OH

Milk sugars are different from table sugar and I have no problems with 11 grams of them in milk, yogurt, etc.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tdheason
on 8/5/16 3:37 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

11 grams of sugar won't make me dump?

White Dove
on 8/5/16 4:44 pm - Warren, OH

It would not make me dump.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/5/16 2:33 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

There's a huge variety in nutrition facts between brand**** the grocery store and start reading labels. Grab a bunch of different brands and flavors and try them until you find one you like.

Ideally, you should be shooting for 10+ grams protein per 100 calories.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

The Salty Hag
on 8/5/16 4:09 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

It's a shame you don't like Greek yogurt; it's got more protein than regular. The Dannon Light and Fit Greek are FABULOUS tasting and the stats are great. 80 calories, 7 grams of sugars-and some of that is from the milk-and 12 grams of protein. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Steph Meat Hag
on 8/5/16 5:16 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Try to like Greek yogurt.  You can thin it down if you need.  Life after WLS isn't always about what we like or want to eat.  Ok no I'm going to be honest, it's often not about choosing the thing we'd love to eat.  If that was true I'd skip the Greek yogurt and go eat a Key Lime pie.

Try new things and make choices based on solid numbers like high protien, fat, and low sugar.  I eat entirely differently now and that's a good thing.  I've learned to like new things, and new taste have formed.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com