Food Not Enjoyable

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/4/16 2:56 pm

Does food have to be enjoyable at this stage? Haven't we all had years of food being our everything, to the point that we ate our way to morbid obesity and super morbid obesity? At your stage I was trying to hit my protein goals. My diet was protein and dairy in the form of greek yogurt. My menu didn't have to be a toothsome delight fit for Anthony Bourdain. 

Food will become enjoyable again, and you will likely feel nostalgic for this take-it-or-leave-it feeling. As you heal, your capacity will increase and you may have your hunger return. Your head hunger is almost certain to return. I recommend using this time to eat protein forward and ditch the carby crap. Focus on your water and vitamins as well.

The TV also says Pop Tarts are a good grab-and-go breakfast for busy moms, and implies Tide laundry detergent will not only clean our clothes, but make them somehow more trendy while they are in the spin cycle. That TV advice and a dime will get you on the bus.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Chilipepper
on 8/4/16 2:59 pm

Exactly. Eating to live not living to eat!

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

hsmcc1
on 8/5/16 8:37 am - mckinney, TX

Congrats on you're surgery! Sounds familiar though....the beginning is tough. You're pouch is tiny & food just doesn't feel good anymore. AWWWWW....KNOW this is just a stage AND it will get better. Stick to you're nutritional program & in time you will begin to enjoy food again. I lived off of The Campbell's Soup on the go/Soup at hand purees- Broccoli cheese, potato, & creamy chicken and Protein shakes for the first 3 months. Honestly, the first year is about learning about you're new stomach & not going crazy! Stick to what feels good & you'll be fine! 

Move to lose....
271-High/219-Surgery/156-Now

Tdheason
on 8/5/16 12:07 pm
RNY on 06/27/16

Thanks for you kindness and post

RNY on 12/22/14

Your insides take twice as long to heal as your outsides - so your inside sutures are as healed now as your outside ones were at 3 weeks.  That is why you are on a restricted diet for 3 months.  You are eating for healing now.  This is also the time to retrain your taste buds to enjoy less processed foods.  It gets better, as your healing is completed, plus the anesthesia is just getting out of your system, so everything will get better!!!

Sharon