Please stop eating crap right after surgery!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/3/16 12:13 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Don't forget the I want to drink & want to know how alcohol feels posters as if food wasn't bad enough. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Kathy S.
on 8/3/16 12:20 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I forgot about alcohol.  It's like opening up a bottle and pouring it straight to our brain and other organs. Our surgery makes us lose that filter of digestion that we had before surgery.  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/3/16 12:28 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

For me I was too busy trying to get in my protein, vitamins & water in all in the same day., & not dive into a box of cookies or snap the heads off of my friends. Alcohol was the last thing on my mind.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Deanna798
on 8/3/16 11:39 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I can not like this enough.  I agree so much with this.  Now is the time to be strong and stick to plan. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Lovely_Caprice
on 8/3/16 11:53 am

Seriously, are people that crazy? 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/3/16 12:15 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Unfortunately, yes.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

The Salty Hag
on 8/3/16 12:04 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Thank you for posting this. You should make this a stickie! It needs to be the first thing people read. 

I honestly can't wrap my mind around someone abusing themselves like that, but I know it happens. At a few days post-op, I was so freaking nervous about hurting my new pouch and the staple line that I wouldn't have even attempted anything other than full liquids, even if I'd been cleared for soft solids. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Kathy S.
on 8/3/16 12:25 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Me too Audrey!  

I was so afraid of messing up.  Fear was my driving force.  I told myself this was my last chance and like everyone else I had a life time of failures notched on my belt.  I feared more than anything if I took 1 bite that was not on my list I would take another and then another and be doomed to my miserable life!  

I don't just talk the talk....I walk the walk.  I didn't eat anything that was not on my list until I was 18 months out from goal.  It was a piece of high grain bread and only a very small bite. From that day on it was a small bite here and there.  I was weight lifting at the time and could get away with murder if I wanted but I didn't.

Let's hope this helps 

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 8/3/16 1:14 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

A blanket warning is definitely good, but these things need to be identified when someone posts about it. I don't know if it should go so far as a boilerplate "hey, this is dangerous, please don't do it" message (like the one that exists for "back on track"), but because it's such a serious health issue, the response needs to be consistent.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

mute
on 8/3/16 12:06 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Yes. So much this. We all make mistakes - I know I am not perfect, that is how I came to have the surgery in the first place obviously!!

But my version of a mistake - and I think the successful people on here too - is eating an ounce of too much cheese or salmon. Or something along those lines. Not eating candy, and chips, and things that are clearly not good for those who've had surgery. Or even making a large mistake once, realizing it, kicking your own ass and not doing it again.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds