First post-op vomiting experience

z_m14
on 8/1/16 3:35 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

I'm four weeks out tomorrow, and today was my first vomiting experience (at work, to boot!) 

I think what happened is I drank my protein shake too fast. I only vomited a tiny amount, and it was clear/whitish (the color of my protein shake). I felt better afterwards. 

Is this normal to vomit after drinking too much too fast? I just worry that something might be wrong with me.

On the bright side, I can fit into pants that are a size smaller! 

jenorama
on 8/1/16 4:11 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I haven't had it happen from drinking too quick, but I bet that's a lesson you'll not soon forget.  :D  You're still healing from surgery, so take this as a reminder to slow down and you should be fine.

Jen

Dcadaval
on 8/1/16 4:49 pm
VSG on 06/20/16

I've had two events like this, they suck.  Both from going too fast for sure, one was this evening with a chicken soup.  I guess we're still learning our cues.  

Age: 43. 6' 1" HW 413 lbs. VSG on 06/20/16 at Jackson South w/ Dr. Jacobsd

z_m14
on 8/1/16 5:31 pm
RNY on 07/05/16

Ugh, I guess! I don't want to go through that again! 

petra65
on 8/2/16 3:58 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

I have only had one vomiting episode but several nausea episodes after eating.  The one vomiting episode was odd so I will tell you about it.  A couple weeks ago I decided to try some ham lunch meat.  I was supposed to be on purees but I was getting bored.  The ham went down fine and was the best thing I had tasted in I dont know when.  So the following week, I bought chicken breast lunch meat.  Everytime I ate this I felt sick.  I still weighed it out to make sure I wasnt eating too much and tried smaller amounts but it just didnt agree with me for some reason.  One of those episodes I finally threw up.  Not a huge amount but I decided there was just somthing about that chicken breast I cant handle yet and have gone back to ham which continues to go down fine.  

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

chassibi
on 8/2/16 5:46 am

My vomiting has been for a couple of things:

-boiled egg eaten too quickly once

-salmon (once grilled and once pan seared)--both were very moist

-turkey lunch meat/cheese roll up

I will be staying away from salmon and maybe even the turkey lunch meat for quite a while. For some reason they do not sit well with me, even after a lot of chewing to mush.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Boxerlover3452
on 8/2/16 7:26 am
RNY on 06/06/16

Two episodes for me.  Once from drinking my protein shake too fast just like you.  And once from drinking water too soon after eating.  That time was really miserable and I too was at work.  I made it to the restroom in time and no one knew.  Now I slow down on both eating and drinking and I make sure I wait at least 45 minutes to drink after eating.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 8/2/16 7:45 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I have issues every so often. It seems that I have more than most, and its absolutely because I eat too fast and take too big of bites, and probably over eat sometimes. 

I'll get super thick saliva, then I'll normally end up throwing everything I ate up and skip that meal... 

This weekend I attacked a piece of pizza like I was preop, and immediately paid the price for it :(

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180